Galaxy S3 AOSP Marshmallow ROM (GT-i9300)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

This Galaxy S3 AOSP Marshmallow ROM (Android 6.0 Marshmallow for GT-i9300), is an Android Open Source Project (AOSP) custom ROM based on Android 6.0.0 built by developer brainelv. This an early build of Marshmallow and has many bugs which makes this ROM unusable as a daily driver. If you are interested on CM 13 ROM ROM then here is the Galaxy S3 CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow ROM.

Galaxy S3 AOSP Marshmallow ROM (GT-i9300)

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS CANNOT BE USED AS A DAILY DRIVER FOR YOUR PHONE. THIS IS STILL AN EARLY BUILD AND CONTAINS MORE BUGS THAN YOU CAN EXPECT. PROCEED WITH CAUTION BEFORE FLASHING THIS.

Installing custom ROM requires a custom recovery to be installed on your device, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup your all data. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and we cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by YOU.

KNOWN ISSUES:
    – RIL (network) does not work
    – Screen colors
    – SD Card is not working
    – GPS is still not tested

WORKING LIST:
    – Boots without SD Card
    – Touch screen
    – Wi-Fi/Bluetooth
    – Camera
    – Audio
    – USB OTG
    – Screen rotation

Required files for Galaxy S3 Android Marshmallow ROM flashing:

ODIN flashable TWRP recovery for Galaxy S3 i9300
    RECOVERY flashable TWRP recovery for Galaxy S3 i9300
    Download link for Galaxy S3 android marshmallow ROM
    Android 6.0 GApps flashable zip download link

Installation guide of Galaxy S3 AOSP Marshmallow ROM:

STEP 1:

Copy the ROM and GApps zip file to your phone (By using a USB cable or via adb push command).

STEP 2:

Enter into recovery mode by pressing your device specific key combinations.
    Or else if you are on a pc with USB driver and adb installed, then type the following command:

$ adb reboot recovery
    STEP 3:

Wipe system partition, cache and data partition. [IMPORTANT]

STEP 4:

Select the Install Zip from SDcard option.
    Select the Galaxy S3 AOSP Marshmallow ROM zip file and let the installation complete and then reboot and then flash the GApps package and reboot to enjoy Android Marshmallow 6.0 on the Galaxy S3 i9300.

Source

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.