- This topic is empty.
- April 12, 2020 at 8:12 PM #110847Sibananda SahuKeymaster
Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy S10 is now available to download. This article explains how to install Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy S10, with a step-by-step guide.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing custom ROM will delete all data on your phone. Make sure you copy all important data.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Known Issues on this LineageOS 17.1 build?WHAT’S WORKING:
– All Most everythingKNOWN ISSUES:
– VoLTE and VoWiFi not implemented yet
Where to Download Lineage OS 17.1 for Galaxy S10?
How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 on Galaxy S10?
Following are the two sub-sections of this Galaxy S10 LineageOS 17.1 update guide:
- Installing LineageOS 17.1 for the first time
- Upgrading from existing LineageOS 17.1 ROM build
First Time Installation of Galaxy S10 LineageOS 17.1 –This ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery to install this Galaxy S10 LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 based custom ROM.– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow how to install TWRP on Samsung using ODIN (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)IMPORTANT NOTE:
Use Odin without “Auto Reboot” option to flash the TWRP.
After flashing TWRP via Odin, manually reboot to TWRP recovery by holding the key combination of Vol UP + Home + Power.
Don’t reboot to the stock image which restores the stock recovery.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, and system partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file for Galaxy S10.– Here is a post explaining how to ADB sideload using TWRP
- Once done, reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based Lineage OS 17.1 for Galaxy S10.
Upgrading from earlier LineageOS 17.1 on Galaxy S10:
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17.1 on Galaxy S10.
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy S10
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file.– Here is a post explaining how to ADB sideload using TWRP
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the Lineage OS 17.1 on your phone, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on the phone, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17.1
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1.
How to Root Galaxy S10 on Lineage OS 17.1?
After installing LineageOS 17.1 on Galaxy S10 you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 17.1If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
GCam for LineageOS 17.1 or Android 10?
GCam 7.0 and later versions are compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
You can always look into the big list of Google Camera APK download page to get a compatible GCam for your phone.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S10 (beyond1lte) page for other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.