August 27, 2018 at 2:25 PM #46595GuestModerator
The latest TWRP Recovery for Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro (o7prolte) is now available to download. Here is how to install TWRP on Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro and rooting.
If you want to root the Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro or want to install custom ROM then you need to install a custom recovery such as a TWRP for Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro phone. Well, for that case this is what is the guide that you need.
- Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro TWRP information
- Required downloads to install TWRP for Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro
- How to install TWRP for Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro
- Install TWRP on Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro using ODIN
- What you can do after installing TWRP on Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro
- Required downloads and guides for Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro ROOT
- Step-by-Step guide on Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro ROOTING guide
- How to check if Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro is ROOTED or NOT
INFORMATION OF THIS TWRP FOR Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro:
– TWRP version: UNKNOWN
– Supported Android Version: Android 5.1.1
– Custom ROM supported: built from OmniROM AOSP sources
Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro TWRP RECOVERY DOWNLOAD, OTHER REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND GUIDES:
- Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro Phone, USB cable and a Windows PC installed with ODIN Application
- Samsung USB driver Download Link
- Samsung Odin Download
– If the latest ODIN does not work, you can download one of the following older ODIN version:
– ODIN application 3.10.7
– ODIN application 3.10.6
- Official TWRP for On7 / On7 Pro
TWRP download link in img extension
TWRP download link in tar extension for Galaxy On7 Pro by Androidlover
– TWRP mirror for o7prolte (On7 and On7 Pro)
HOW TO INSTALL CUSTOM RECOVERY TWRP FOR Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro:
Make Sure You have already done the below:
Make sure that you have already downloaded all of the above mentioned files and done the following things:
- Installed Samsung USB driver for your phone
- Installed the ODIN application on your Windows PC
- Enable OEM Unlock on your phone- In some newer Samsung phones like: Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 edge+ and later, you need to enable OEM Unlock option in Developer Options.
– By default the Developer Options is hidden and you need to enable the Developer Options first. Go to the below link (the link will open in a new window), enable Developer options and come back to this page:
How To Enable Developer Options– Now when you have enabled the Developer Options, go to the Developer Options and then enable the OEM Unlock option.
HOW INSTALL TWRP ON Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro USING ODIN:
- Connect the Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro to the PC using the USB cable and install required Samsung USB driver
- Restart the Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro phone into download mode in order to install TWRP for Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro using the ODIN application.Press and hold the below three buttons until you see a WARNING SCREEN! to enter into the Download mode:
Volume DOWN key + Power key + Home keyWhen you see the WARNING SCREEN press the volume UP key to continue into the Download mode.
- Open the ODIN application on your Windows PC and see the device is already connected
– At this moment I believe your phone is already connected to the PC, if not, then Connect your phone (while it is still in the download mode) to the PC using a USB cable.
– ODIN will show an Added! message on the message box with a port number on the top left screen of ODIN application.
– If you don’t see an Added message and a port number, then try uninstall and re-install the Samsung Driver.
– Try a different USB driver or Install Samsung Kies to install default Samsung Drivers.
[Device Added on ODIN]
- Then click on the AP button on the ODIN application and select the TWRP for Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro which might be in .tar or tar.md5 file extension
[Click on the AP button and select the TWRP recovery for Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro]
- Select the appropriate options before flashing the twrp on Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro.Make sure only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked and all other boxes are un-checked.
[Select the ODIN Options]
- Select the Start button, which will start the flashing process. When you get the PASS message, then your phone will reboot automatically
[Click on Start and wait till it completes]
– If you see a FAIL message on the screen then read the log on the left side of the ODIN application and try to FIX the ERROR.
What to do after you install TWRP for Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro:
Now your Samsung Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro is installed with the TWRP recovery and you may disconnect your phone. Here are some more guides using the TWRP recovery:
- You can root the Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro
- How to reset Android using TWRP
- How to take NANDROID backup using TWRP
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP on Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro.
Now, if you want to ROOT Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR LINKS FOR ROOTING Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro:
- Make sure you have already installed TWRP for Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro
– Well, this is a very important aspect to ROOT Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro. The SuperSU zip file is developed in a way to be installed via a TWRP recovery or other custom recovery. Stock recovery may not be able to install this SuperSU or Magisk ROOT on Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro.
- Download the latest SuprSU ROOT or the Magisk ROOT for Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro or one of the following:
- The Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro rooting will not work just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
Step-by-Step guide on how to ROOT Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro using SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file:
Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro ROOTING with Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro TWRP recovery
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT file to Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file for Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT for Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro via TWRP:
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk on Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will revert back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy On7 / On7 Pro (o7prolte) forum For other Android Custom ROMs, LineageOS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.