Galaxy NOTE 4 T-Mobile LineageOS 14.1, Android Nougat 7.1 ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (April 2024) Forums Samsung Device Forums Galaxy NOTE 4 T-Mobile – trltetmo Galaxy NOTE 4 T-Mobile LineageOS 14.1, Android Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

I come from using CM12 and 12.1 on my N910T, and so far I can tell you, this is a far nicer ROM than that one ever was. However I have some bugs here, but aren’t a deal breaker. So far this ROM seems far more stable than the previous 12 and 12.1 were which is absolutely awesome, especially since the stock Touchwiz ROM doesn’t even work on this phone anymore (SIM not detected—happened after I paid off the phone and had T-Mobile unlock it), yet Lineage OS is working, making and receiving calls just fine.

I’m using the ROM from ripee.

Bugs:
    Microphone volume when doing sound recordings and video recordings are not loud enough. Most AOSP ROMs on the trltetmo have this problem, which had to be fixed by the last maintainer of the CM12.1 daily’s, which did in fact work. Hopefully this can be applied to 14.1 also.

“Show icon when using stlyus” doesn’t work. The pen is working and can tap and highlight stuff, which is all I want, but it has no pointer like it did in CM12 and 12.1.

“Touchscreen hovering” breaks using the phone with your finger properly, and the stylus is the only way to fix this to turn the option back off.

Automatic time zone setting doesn’t work, you have to set it manually.

Requests:
    Is it possible there can be a kernel patch for the ZeroLemon battery (or any extended capacity battery) by any chance? The fuel gauge doesn’t measure the battery correctly if you use an extended capacity battery (same thing happens on stock ROM’s unless you use a custom kernel that fixes this). This is merely a request and not the most important thing in the world. It still lasts 4 days on battery like it did on a stock ROM with the patched kernel, but it says 1% for the last couple days.

Linux User
    Participant

Can’t seem to update the post I did.

Add this to my bugs: 5GHz hotspot doesn’t work, causes error. But I think someone reported it.

Linux User
    Participant

Question for you @shibaa987 did you know if this ROM would be updated soon?

Linux User
    Participant

Hi @Patricia, there was an update available from the developer which I have already updated in the Downloads section.

In addition to the update by _mone, I have added another build by ripee and jef_00 and the build frequency by ripee is almost daily and by jef_00 is pretty high but not daily.

You can try both of them and see if there is an improvement in the usability or overall stability of any of these ROMs over the current one that you are using.

• This reply was modified 2 days, 5 hours ago by Linux User.
    Linux User
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I recently flashed my Bell Canada Note 4 to the latest lineage-14.1-20170320 ROM
    I have found these issues.. Anyone else have these problems or know how to solve them?

1) Cannot turn down system haptic vibration (Its too strong..)

2) Incoming calls not recognized (always noted as unknown number).

Thanks!

Linux User
    Participant

PLEASE IF YOU SE THIS POST HELP ME, WHEN I FLASH THIS ROM, THE ROM STOPED IN LOGO, PLEASE HELP SOMEBODY

Linux User
    Participant

Hi Jose, sounds like a boot loop…hoping you made a TWRP backup before trying to flash this ROM? If so, you can try taking the battery out, wait a few seconds, reinstall the battery and boot into recovery (press and hold Volume up + Power Button + Home until the phone boots into recovery and release). Then go to Recovery, select your backup and flash it.

Linux User
    Participant

Despite my other issues Im having battery drain issues. Mobile standby is eating my battery super quick..

Any suggestions. Im in good reception area and on WIFI..

Linux User
    Participant

Forgot to include this:
    My phone is a Bell Canada Note 4; updated from CM12.1 to Marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware; rooted with TWRP (Odin),flashed SuperSu

Linux User
    Participant

@DMS What 6.0.1 ROM did you use?

Any suggestions for the standby drain issue? It seems quite weird.

This battery issue is really awful. I flashed my Bell N910W8 to N910W8VLU1DPE2_N910W8OYA1DPE2_KDO Stock before flashing to rippe lineage version. It is quite quick and good.
    For the finger print scanner I cant even get it set up.. It wont go past the first analysis..

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.