November 24, 2019 at 7:26 PM #101742Mod APKKeymaster
LineageOS 17 for Galaxy J5 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install LineageOS 17 on Galaxy J5 which is based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
This Galaxy J5 LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer latvianguy18.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to latvianguy18 and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for latvianguy18
– Donate to LineageOS project
Status of this LineageOS 17 for Galaxy J5WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS OF LineageOS 17 FOR Galaxy J5:
- ROM Download link of LineageOS 17 download for Galaxy J5 (24th November 2019)
- Galaxy J5 TWRP Download (j5nlte)
- GApps for LineageOS 17
- How to Root LineageOS 17
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Galaxy J5 LineageOS 17 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM?
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for Galaxy J5 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Galaxy J5 and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Galaxy J5 LineageOS 17 ROM.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, and system partition.
- Install the Galaxy J5 LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Galaxy J5.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Galaxy J5 (j5nlte):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Galaxy J5, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Galaxy J5
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Galaxy J5 LineageOS 17 update.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Galaxy J5, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Galaxy J5, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Galaxy J5.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing LineageOS 17 on Galaxy J5 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How Root LineageOS 17
Where to Download Google Camera for Galaxy J5 LineageOS 17?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of GCam APK for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy J5 (j5nlte) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? <a href="https://www.cyanogenmods.org/google-camera/">GCam APK</a> | <a href="https://www.cyanogenmods.org/">Mod APK</a>January 1, 2020 at 9:13 PM #103475unobtaniumParticipant
The ROM download link is not working anymore.
I would also like to know – since I already unsuccessfully tried to install LinageOS16 over here (https://www.cyanogenmods.org/forums/topic/download-lineageos-16-for-galaxy-j5/page/2/#post-101153) – if you recommend to try to install this version instead (espacially if it is still new and has bugs)?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.