- March 20, 2016 at 12:14 AM #2610shibaa987Participant
This Galaxy Grand DUOS Marshmallow ROM (Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Grand DUOS (I9082/I9082L)), is an Android Open Source Project (AOSP) custom ROM based on Android 6.0.1 built by developer pawitp. Nougat ROM has also arrived: here is the Galaxy Grand DUOS CM14/CyangoenMod 14 Nougat 7.0 ROM.DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS STILL AN EARLY BUILD AND CONTAINS BUGS. PROCEED WITH CAUTION BEFORE FLASHING THIS.
Installing custom ROM requires a custom recovery to be installed on your device, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup your all data. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and WE cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
– Dual SIM does not work
– FM Radio does not work
– SELinux is in permissive mode
– Runtime storage permission does not work properly (setns patches are not applied, see PermissionsHostTest CTS test)
– Sometimes wake up causes music stutter
– Does not work on 4.1 stock ROM’s bootloader, please upgrade to stock 4.2 before flashingWORKING LIST:
– RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
– Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, Proximity, etc.)
– Video (playback & recording)
– Audio (playback & recording)
– EVERYTHIG ELSE NOT LISTED IN NOT WORKING LIST
Required files for Galaxy Grand DUOS Marshmallow ROM flashing:
Flashing guide of Galaxy Grand DUOS Marshmallow ROM:
NOTES BEFORE FLASHING:
- If you are on CM 10.1 or a stock ROM prior to 4.2, upgrade to stock 4.2 first.
- Make sure to flash the recovery provided in the downloads section above. Otherwise the older CWM will result in a “status 7” error.
- Make sure that you have a custom recovery installed on your Galaxy Grand DUOS. If not then download the recovery from above downloads section and you can follow this TWRP recovery installation on Samsung phone using ODIN guide for the .tar recovery file or else you can follow the Recovery flashable installation using another custom recovery guide to flash the RECOVERY flashable CWM recovery provided in the downloads section.
- This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider to take a complete backup of data on your phone or take a nandroid backup. Here is how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.
- Download and Copy the GApps and Galaxy Grand DUOS Marshmallow ROM ZIP to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery. Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery on your phone.
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
– How to backup all data on your Android Device.
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the AOSP ROM ZIP from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash a custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
– Use the same guide to flash the GApps too.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Marshmallow ROM on your Galaxy Grand DUOS.
Points to NOTE on BACKUP:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Samsung Galaxy Grand DUOS forum For upcoming Android Nougat ROMs, CyanogenMod Custom ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.