August 24, 2018 at 9:23 AM #45748GuestModerator
For various reasons you may want to flash a stock ROM/Firmware to factory reset a phone. Here is how to flash a stock ROM/Firmware on a Mediatek phone using SP Flash Tool.
To be able to flash the stock ROM Firmware, you actually need to have the firmware files and most importantly the scatter file for your Mediatek phone.
Well, I will add appropriate firmware links for a specific Mediatek Device in it’s respective firmware update guide. This is a generic guide to flash stock ROM/firmware using SP Flash Tool for any Mediatek device.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS TO FLASH STOCK FIRMWARE ON A MEDIATEK PHONE USING SP FLASH TOOL:
HOW TO FLASH MEDIATEK STOCK FIRMWARE USING SP FLASH TOOL:
- Download and extract the stock firmware files.
- Download and install the VCOM driver on your PC.
- Download and extract the SP Flash Tool zip file.
- Go to the extracted SP Flash Tool folder and open the flash_tool.exe file, which is the actual SP Flash Tool application.
- By default the SP Flash Tool would have opened on the Download Tab. If not then click on the Download Tab and then click on the choose button to load an appropriate scatter file.
- After that a file browser will be opened to find and select the scatter file for your Mediatek phone.
Go to the stock firmware folder where you have extracted, select the Scatter file (MT8163_Android_scatter.txt) from there and click on Open.
- After loading the scatter file, click on the Download button to start downloading the stock firmware to your Mediatek phone.
- Now turn off your Mediatek Phone and wait for a few seconds.
Then you hold both the volume up and Volume Down button and connect the phone PC using a USB cable.
– You see in the SP Flash tool, it will start downloading the firmware to the Mediatek Phone automatically.
- After the stock ROM is flashed successfully, you will see a Download OK confirmation on SP Flash Tool.
After successfully flashed the stock firmware or the stock ROM on your Mediatek phone, you can disconnect the phone and restart if it does not restart automatically.
If you face any problem installing the stock firmware using SP Flash Tool on your Mediatek phone, then leave a reply on this thread. I will reply back as early as possible.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.