- This topic is empty.
May 13, 2020 at 11:06 PM #113297RajatParticipant
A working build of TWRP for Redmi K30 5G is now available to download. This is a step-by-step guide that explains how to install TWRP on Redmi K30 5G.
This Redmi K30 5G TWRP is brought to you by the unknown developer(s).
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND TWRP PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to the unknown developer and TWRP project:
– No donation link found for developer
– Donate to dees_troy TWRP’s Lead developer
About this TWRP for Redmi K30 5G
– TWRP version: 3.4.1
– Device Codename: Picasso
– Supported Android Version: Android 10
– Built as System-as-root (SAR)
– Based on MIUI FW V18.104.22.168.QJBCNXM
Where to download TWRP for Redmi K30 5G?
How to Install TWRP on Redmi K30 5G?
Installing TWRP on the phone requires an unlock bootloader. So, I have divided this whole guide into two parts as below:
- Bootloader Unlock
- Flashing the TWRP
Unlocking the Bootloader
The phone must have an unlocked bootloader in the first place to be able to install or replace the stock recovery with TWRP recovery on Redmi K30 5G.
Follow the below instructions to unlock the bootloader.
- Enable developer options
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging inside Developer Options
- Then go to Mi Unlock Status (under Developer Options) and click on the Add account and device.
- Once done, reboot the phone into fastboot and unlock the phone with MiFlash Unlock Tool
- Download the TWRP recovery for Redmi K30 5G.
- Download and Install the ADB and Fastboot utilities.
- Then connect the phone to the PC using a USB cable.
- On the computer, open a command prompt (on Windows) or terminal (on Linux or macOS) window, and execute the below command to restart your phone into fastboot mode or bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- While the phone is in the bootloader mode.
Execute the below command to flash the TWRP permanently:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.x-xx.img
Execute the below command to boot the TWRP temporarily:
fastboot boot recovery twrp-3.4.x-xx.img
- Wait for the fastboot command to finish installing the TWRP on Redmi K30 5G.
That’s all on installing TWRP on Redmi K30 5G. For some reason, if it fails, you can login and reply below so that I can try to help you troubleshoot the issue.
What to do after installing TWRP on Redmi K30 5G?
- You can enable Root on Redmi K30 5G
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Redmi K30 5G
- You can install some of the mods, magisk modules, etc.
Add-on links for Redmi K30 5G
Following are some extra resources for Redmi K30 5G which you may be interested in:
– LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi K30 5G
– GCam for Redmi K30 5GVisit the following to get other updates of Redmi K30 5G forum (codename: Picasso) on Android Custom ROMs, LineageOS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.