LineageOS ROMs › Forums › Forum for Common Topics (Generic Topics for all Devices) › TWRP Recovery Guides › Download TWRP recovery for Wileyfox Phones (List of All available Phones)
- October 9, 2017 at 6:04 PM #26305
Looking to download TWRP recovery for your Wileyfox phone??… then yes, you are at the right place. Here is a list of download links of TWRP recovery for Wileyfox phones. Here you will find several officially maintained TWRP recoveries and several TWRP recoveries built by individual developers for almost all the Wileyfox phones available out there.
What is TWRP recovery??
TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is a custom recovery for Android phones, which is an open source project. Team Win project started on porting of CM7 for HTC EVO 4G and later settled to work on a custom recovery project which is now TWRP, one of the leading custom recovery available to date covering a wide range of available Android phones and Tablets.
Why do you need TWRP recovery for your Wileyfox Phone?
With the help of TWRP recovery, you will be able to install a wide range of custom ROMs available for a particular device. It’s for sure, an Android device won’t get the latest Android update after 2 or 3 years of its inception. If you need to have the latest Android running on your phone, then you need to install a custom Android ROM like Lineage OS Custom ROM, CyanogenMod Custom ROM, Resurrection Remix Custom ROM etc. and this is not possible without a custom recovery like TWRP recovery.
In addition to installing custom ROM, the TWRP custom recovery has some more features as compared to any other stock recovery. Here are few features of them:
– Touch screen support
– Current ROM image backup and restore
– F2FS filesystem support
– MTP support (You can access files while using TWRP recovery)
– ADB sideload installation support
– Many more other features
[Wileyfox TWRP recovery Download link updates on April 2018]
- Added TWRP for Wileyfox Storm (kipper)
[Wileyfox TWRP Download link updates on October 2017]
- Added TWRP for Wileyfox Spark (porridge)
- Added TWRP for Wileyfox Spark+ (porridge)
- Added TWRP for Wileyfox Spark X (porridgek3)
- Added TWRP for Wileyfox Swift (crackling)
- Added TWRP for Wileyfox Swift 2 (marmite)
- Added TWRP for Wileyfox Swift 2 Plus (marmite)
- Added TWRP for Wileyfox Swift 2X (marmite)
List of available Downloads of TWRP recovery for Wileyfox Phones:
Download links to TWRP recoveries for available Wileyfox Phones:
Wileyfox Spark (porridge) TWRP Download for Wileyfox Spark (porridge) Wileyfox Spark+ (porridge) TWRP Download for Wileyfox Spark Plus (porridge) Wileyfox Spark X (porridgek3) TWRP Download for Wileyfox Spark X (porridgek3) Wileyfox Storm (kipper) TWRP Download for Wileyfox Storm (kipper) by radarga Wileyfox Swift (crackling) TWRP Download for Wileyfox Swift (crackling) Wileyfox Swift 2 (marmite) TWRP Download for Wileyfox Swift 2 (marmite) Wileyfox Swift 2 Plus (marmite) TWRP Download for Wileyfox Swift 2 Plus (marmite) Wileyfox Swift 2 X (marmite) TWRP Download for Wileyfox Swift 2X (marmite)
How to install TWRP recovery on a Wileyfox phone:
The TWRP recovery for a Wileyfox phone is available in .img file extension
– To flash TWRP custom recovery on any Wileyfox phone, first, the bootloader has to be unlocked and then the .img TWRP file has to be flashed using a fastboot.
– Here is how to unlock bootloader on Wileyfox phone.
– After unlocking the bootloader flash the .img TWRP file using the following guide. The following guide is a generic guide that applies for all .img extension files regardless of Wileyfox or any other OEM:
Install TWRP using fastboot [THIS GUIDE REQUIRES THE BOOTLOADER TO BE UNLOCKED ON YOUR PHONE. THIS MAY VOID WARRANTY]
That’s all my friend. The above list is not complete and will be updated when more and more devices are made available with TWRP support. Some Wileyfox devices may have TWRP yet is missing from our list. These missing devices will also be added soon. If your device is missing from the list then you can place a request in the below reply box to add your device.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.