April 8, 2019 at 4:33 PM #78525sibaKeymaster
TWRP Recovery for Zenfone Max M2 (ZB632/3KL) is now available to download. This post guides how to download and install TWRP on Zenfone Max M2 and also guides how to ROOT Zenfone Max M2 (using TWRP recovery).
After installing TWRP recovery on Zenfone Max M2 you can install many android mods such as google camera (gcam), enable navigation gesture, enable face unlock, viper4android audio enhancement etc. and many more.
The TWRP recovery for Zenfone Max M2 is brought to you by developer(s) ashu7073.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND PROJECT:
- Required downloads to install TWRP for Zenfone Max M2
- How to install TWRP on Zenfone Max M2
- What you can do after installing TWRP on Zenfone Max M2
- Required downloads and guides for Zenfone Max M2 ROOT
- Step-by-Step guide on Zenfone Max M2 ROOT guide
- How to check if you have ROOT on Zenfone Max M2 or NOT
INFORMATION OF THIS TWRP FOR Zenfone Max M2:
– TWRP version: 3.x.x
– Supported Android Version: Android Oreo
– Built from – OmniROM AOSP source
– Custom ROM supported: AOSP or AOSP based Android Oreo 8.0 ROM
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR Zenfone Max M2, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Zenfone Max M2 Phone, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC PC with ADB and fastboot installed on it.
- USB drivers
- TWRP download for Zenfone Max M2
- Force Encryption disabler download | Modified Force Encryption for Max M2
- ADB and Fastboot utility.
Below are the download links and guides to install:
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– How to install ADB and fastboot on Linux
– How to install ADB and fastboot on MAC
- Ulocked bootloader on the Zenfone Max M2
STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL TWRP FOR Zenfone Max M2:
- Connect the Zenfone Max M2 to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install 15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Reboot the Zenfone Max M2 into bootloader mode and Unlock bootloader of Zenfone Max M2
- Then, on your PC, go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP for Zenfone Max M2 and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Enter the following command on the opened command window:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP for Zenfone Max M2.
- Now when your phone is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img
- Wait for the fastboot command to install the TWRP for Zenfone Max M2.
Once it is done, execute the below command:
when the phone is booting press and hold the volume + button to enter into TWRP recovery.
- From TWRP, disable encryption and flash the Disable Force Encryption zip file
You may now want to ROOT Zenfone Max M2 or may want to install some custom ROM or want to explore what else can you do with this TWRP? Head over to the following section to know more.
What to do after you install TWRP for Zenfone Max M2:
- You can enable Zenfone Max M2 ROOT access
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Zenfone Max M2
- You can install some of the mods available for Zenfone Max M2
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for Zenfone Max M2.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Zenfone Max M2 then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR LINKS FOR Zenfone Max M2 ROOT GUIDE:
Download the latest SuprSU or Magisk ROOT for Zenfone Max M2 or one of the following:
- SuperSU download link:
- Download link to Magisk ROOT zip file RECOMMENDED
- DM Verity disabler download
- The Zenfone Max M2 will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
Step-by-Step guide on how to ROOT Zenfone Max M2 using SuperSU or Magisk zip file:
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT file and the no verity encrypt file to Zenfone Max M2. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the Zenfone Max M2 to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk zip file for Zenfone Max M2, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT for Zenfone Max M2 via TWRP:
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Then flash the no verity encrypt zip file.
- Profit!!! You should now have a Zenfone Max M2 ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Zenfone Max M2 or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Zenfone Max M2 or to following the Zenfone Max M2 root guide then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will reply back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Zenfone Max M2 (ZB632/3KL) forum For other Android Custom ROMs, Lineage OS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.