- November 22, 2018 at 5:53 PM #61044sibaKeymaster
TWRP for Honor Play (cornell) is now available from an official build and this post guides you how to install TWRP for Honor Play and ROOT Honor Play (using TWRP recovery).
The TWRP download for Honor Play is brought to you by developer(s) Srijith
THIS IS AN INITIAL UNOFFICIALLY BUILD TWRP FOR Honor Play. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
INSTALLING THE TWRP FOR Honor Play NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON Honor Play.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED.
ROOTING Honor Play MAY BRICK THE PHONE.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ROOTING BEFORE YOU PROCEED FURTHER.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR Honor Play, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Honor Play Phone, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC PC with ADB and fastboot installed.
- ADB and Fastboot utility. below are the download links and guides to install:
- Ulocked bootloader on the Honor Play
– Here is how to unlock bootloader on Honor Play
- USB drivers
- TWRP download for Honor Play
STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF HOW TO INSTALL TWRP FOR Honor Play:
- Connect the Honor Play to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install 15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- bootloader Unlock for Honor Play
- Then, on your PC, go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP for Honor Play and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC.
– To open a command window on Windows OS in the current directory, press shift + Right Click anywhere on Windows explorer, or some folder. Then on the menu opened, just press the “w” key on the keyboard or select “Open command window here” to open a command window.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Enter the following command on the opened command window:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP for Honor Play.
If your phone asks for permission; such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- Now when your phone is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img
While executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP for Honor Play
- Wait for the fastboot command to install the TWRP for Honor Play.
Once it is done, execute the below command:
fastboot reboot recovery
on the command console to start the phone in TWRP recovery mode.
That’s all. You should have the TWRP installed on your Honor Play. You may now want to ROOT Honor Play or may want to install some custom ROM or want to explore what else can you do with this TWRP? Head over to the following section to know more.
What to do after you install TWRP for Honor Play:
- You can enable Honor Play ROOT access
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Honor Play
- You can install some of the mods available for Honor Play
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for Honor Play.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Honor Play then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR LINKS FOR ROOTING Honor Play:
- Make sure you have already unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP for Honor Play
– Well, this is a very important aspect to enable ROOT for Honor Play. The SuperSU zip file is developed in a way to be installed via a TWRP recovery or other custom recovery. Stock recovery may not be able install this SuperSU or Magisk ROOT on Honor Play.
- Download the latest SuprSU ROOT for Honor Play or one of the following:
- The Honor Play will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
Step-by-Step guide on how to ROOT Honor Play using SuperSU or Magisk zip file:
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT file to Honor Play. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the Honor Play to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk zip file for Honor Play, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a Honor Play ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Honor Play or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT for Honor Play via TWRP:
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Honor Play or to following the Honor Play rooting guide then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will rcornell back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Honor Play (cornell) forum For other Android Custom ROMs, Lineage OS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.