How to Download Stock Firmware for Any Samsung Phone or Tablet

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Samsung Device Forums Common Samsung Topics How to Download Stock Firmware for Any Samsung Phone or Tablet

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Siba.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

If you are looking to download a Stock Samsung Firmware with out registering in any websites or without any download bandwidth limitations then you must be thankful to Developer zxz0O0 who has developed an easy to use one click Stock Samsung Firmware Downloader, SamFirm. I am just excited to introduce this tool to you and I am sure you will be loving this Tool. Here I will be explaining in a Step By Step Guide explaining just How to Download the Latest Firmware for your Samsung Phone or Tablet using SamFirm.

PROS:
    – One click FW Download
    – No bandwidth Limitation
    – Downloaded from Samsung Servers
    – Pause/Resume functionality for Download

CONS:
    – Can only Download the Latest Firmware. (There is no way you can download an older FW)
    – Unable to detect the phone info automatically (You must be thankful first for the Tool. I guess you have not lost your fingers yet)

DISCLAIMER:
    Manually upgrading a firmware requires patience and a little bit of technical knowledge. Flashing a new Firmware will delete all the data on your Samsung Phone/Tablet. Before proceeding further you may consider backup your all data. Also understand that YOU are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

HOW TO USE THE SAMFIRM TOOL TO DOWNLOAD STOCK SAMSUNG FIRMWARE:

Step By Step Guide.

SamFirm Stock Samsung Firmware Downloader

PRE-REQUISITES AND DOWNLOADS FOR THIS SAMFIRM UTILITY:

Samsung Phone INFO App.
    – SamFirm Download Link v0.3.5

DOWNLOAD STOCK SAMSUNG FIRMWARE IN AUTO MODE:

1. Install the Samsung Phone App and be ready at least with your Samsung phone’s Model number and Region Info.
      If you don’t know these info then Install the Samsung Info App and get the details from the App.
    2. Enter the Model info and Region Info in the appropriate fields.
    3. Select the Auto mode and click on the Check Update.
    4. On the right side of the Tool you will see the Stock Samsung Firmware details if the info filled by you is correct.
    5. Just check the Decrypt automatically checkbox and click on Download.
    6. Select the destination directory where you want to keep the Downloaded file.

DOWNLOAD STOCK SAMSUNG FIRMWARE IN MANUAL MODE:

1. Install the Samsung Phone App and be ready with your Samsung phone’s Model number, Region Info, PDA Info, CSC Info and Phone Info.
      If you don’t know these info then Install the Samsung Info App and get the details from the App.
    2. Select the Manual mode.
    3. Enter the Model number, Region Info, PDA Info, CSC Info and Phone Info in the appropriate fields.
    4. Click on the Chekck Update to check the Latest FW available for your Samsung Device on Samsung Servers.
    5. On the right side of the Tool you will see the Stock Samsung Firmware details if the filled info is correct.
    6. Just check the Decrypt automatically checkbox and click on Download.
    7. Select the destination directory where you want to keep the Downloaded file.

TIPS:
    By default this TOOL gets the latest FirmWare from the Samsung Server for the Selected Samsung Device. If you will use this tool from day 1 when you got your Samsung device then you can have a collection of all Firmwares and you may switch to any of the firmwares at any time using ODIN.

The NEXT STEP what you want is to flash or install this Stock Firmware. So, visit the below link to get it done:
    How to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Device Using ODIN

Here is a Development thread @ xda created by the Developer himself.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi guys,

I found the large Samsung Firmware database on samdb.org

Siba
    Keymaster

@ferdinand_horton

There would be still some firmware missing for many Samsung devices which can only be downloaded through SamFirm, the easy way. :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.