- August 21, 2018 at 11:39 PM #45409shibaa987Moderator
Good news. You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Moto Z. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Moto Z, with a step-by-step guide.
This Moto Z LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer erfanoabdi.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to erfanoabdi and LineageOS project:
– Donate to LineageOS project
– no donation link found for erfanoabdiDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 16 FOR Moto Z, WHICH MAY HAVE BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE.
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on Moto Z, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Moto Z LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Moto Z:
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Moto Z – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Moto Z LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 16 on Moto Z
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on Moto Z from a previous build of LineageOS 16 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Moto Z for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Moto Z LineageOS 16 Android Pie ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Moto Z.– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Moto Z LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Moto Z.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Moto Z (griffin):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Moto Z.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Moto Z, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 16 on Moto Z
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Moto Z.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Moto Z, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Moto Z, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Moto Z.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Moto Z you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16
– GCam for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Moto Z (griffin) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | LineageOSFebruary 8, 2019 at 5:49 AM #72252February 8, 2019 at 6:02 AM #72253
Using TWRP 3.2.3 I wiped and reformatted. I have a rooted moto z play
Once I get any LineageOS installed using the adb sideload command on Moto Z Play Presently at 14.1 (71.2). the phone always wants to boot into TWRP first.
This my second ROM. ( successfully ROM’ed LOS 14.1 on Moto X Pure 2015) so I know a little from a year ago. What am I doing wrong?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.