September 17, 2019 at 7:05 AM #96942sibaKeymaster
LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi Note 7 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install Redmi Note 7 LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to letsmakecakes, yuvaraj_besttips and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for letsmakecakes
– No donation link found for yuvaraj_besttips
– Donate to LineageOS project
Status of the Redmi Note 7 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– RIL (Calls, SMS,)
– Double tap to wake
– LEDKNOWN ISSUES:
– WiFi Display
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS OF LineageOS 17 FOR Redmi Note 7:
- ROM Download link of Redmi Note 7 LineageOS 17.1
- ROM Download link of Redmi Note 7 LineageOS 17
- Redmi Note 7 Orangefox recoveryDownload (lavender) for this Redmi Note 7 LineageOS 17 ROM [ IMPORTANT: Use this Orange Fox recovery and NOT the TWRP ]
- LineageOS 17 GApps Download
- How to Root LineageOS 17
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Redmi Note 7 LineageOS 17 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM:
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for Redmi Note 7 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Redmi Note 7 and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the custom Recovery to install this Redmi Note 7 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the recovery provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured recovery for Redmi Note 7
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.
- Install the Redmi Note 7 LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Reboot into the recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Redmi Note 7.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Redmi Note 7 (lavender):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Redmi Note 7, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Redmi Note 7
- Wipe the system partition from the recovery menu.
- Install the Redmi Note 7 LineageOS 17 update.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Redmi Note 7, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Redmi Note 7, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Redmi Note 7.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing LineageOS 17 on Redmi Note 7 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How Root LineageOS 17
Where to Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 7 LineageOS 17?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of GCam for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi Note 7 (lavender) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APKApril 9, 2020 at 3:29 AM #110621waperpaulParticipant
Hi there. Thanks a lot for great mod! I tried it.
So here is the trouble i found:
1 way to install: Orangefox+lineage os, reboot to os,then again open recovery and install gapps pico.
Troubles started when i tried to use phone like usb-modem. Android shutted off, then started normally. When i tried to use usb-modem again, phone rebooted in recovery. And then i couldn’t start os normally. Every time it rebooted to orangefox.
2 way to install: Orangefox+lineageos+gapps(all at the same time with queue)
Phone started normally, non-rooted. And before installation of all apps i tried to use usb-modem again. Phone rebooted again to os .
What happened with my windows 10: when i set my phone as usb-modem, sound from win10 came as if i disabled connection. It had must to start download and install drivers for usb-modem, but it didn’t.
Here is the first issue i found with it. Continue testing.
By the way, great job!
Oh, i forgot.
When i tried to install os.zip file, i got an error 7.
I had to delete first words in updater-script starting with word “asserts”. Thats how i solve the problem with checking the version of my phone. And yes, i downloaded it right. The last version of lineageos for lavender :)April 13, 2020 at 11:21 PM #110924sibaKeymasterMay 5, 2020 at 4:24 AM #112609SmokyParticipant
Thank you for your work.
I installed the rom on my redmi note 7, and wanted to know how to keep the system up to date in terms of security or other system update.
Currently, when I check if there are updates through Parameter / Systems it does not offer it, and my Phone is up to date on 01/11/2020!
I find it strange.
thanks for your return
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.