- September 13, 2019 at 6:19 PM #96802Sibananda SahuKeymaster
LineageOS 17.1 for Zenfone 6 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install Zenfone 6 LineageOS 17.1 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide. This Zenfone 6 LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer OrdenKrieger and luca020400.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL ALPHA BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR Zenfone 6, WHICH HAS MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 6 requires an unlock bootloader on Zenfone 6, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Zenfone 6 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Many things working except listed belowKNOWN ISSUES:
– SELinux is permissive
– Recovery broken
– Probably more
Where to Download LineageOS 17.1 for Zenfone 6?
- Zenfon 6 stock firmware flasher
- ROM Download link OFFICIAL LineageOS 17.1
- ROM zip file Download link of Zenfone 6 LineageOS 17 (twrp flashable zip file)
- ROM images Download link of Zenfone 6 LineageOS 17 (twrp flashable zip file)
- Zenfone 6 TWRP Download (I01WD) for this Zenfone 6 LineageOS 17 ROM
- LineageOS 17 GApps
- How to Root LineageOS 17
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Zenfone 6 LineageOS 17 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Zenfone 6 LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 6
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 6 from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 6 for the first time:
- Download the stock firmware flasher and flash the stock firmware file to both the slots _a and _b.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Zenfone 6 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root TWRP for Zenfone 6– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition and Cache partition from TWRP recovery.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Download and Copy the ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 6 and the LineageOS 17 GApps to your phone.
- Install the Zenfone 6 LineageOS 17 ROM zip file that you have copied into the phone via recovery or flash the images using fastboot.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 6.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 6 (I01WD):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17 on Zenfone 6.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 6, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Zenfone 6
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Zenfone 6 LineageOS 17 update.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps available or not.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Zenfone 6, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Similarly, verify for the presence of root. If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Zenfone 6, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Zenfone 6.
After installing the Zenfone 6 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17.1 Rooting.If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try installing the SuperSU Zip to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Zenfone 6 (I01WD) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.