- September 17, 2019 at 7:33 AM #96950
LineageOS 17 for Mi 9 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install Mi 9 LineageOS 17 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide. This Mi 9 LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer randomblame.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to randomblame and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for randomblame
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL TEST BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR Mi 9, WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing LineageOS 17 for Mi 9 requires an unlock bootloader on Mi 9, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Mi 9 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS OF LineageOS 17 FOR Mi 9:
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL Mi 9 LineageOS 17 Android 10 CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Mi 9 LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 for Mi 9
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 for Mi 9 from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Download and Install LineageOS 17 for Mi 9 for the first time:
This ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Mi 9 and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Mi 9 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Mi 9
– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Mi 9 LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Mi 9.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Mi 9 (cepheus):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Mi 9, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Mi 9
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the Mi 9 LineageOS 17 update.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Mi 9, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Mi 9, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Mi 9.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17 on Mi 9.
After installing Mi 9 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17 ROOT.
If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi 9 (cepheus) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
Attachments:October 7, 2019 at 5:13 PM #99535kumrulu52Participant
dont have link for mi 9October 15, 2019 at 12:48 PM #99775mkhf,cjgvhbParticipant
Hi, thank’u for de job, but, link of download not found:October 23, 2019 at 4:34 PM #100060kumrulu52Participant
not work download linkOctober 23, 2019 at 5:41 PM #100065October 27, 2019 at 8:22 PM #100480eKristensenParticipant
Thank you for the post above.
I was unable to flash the TWRP linked above, but using the latest unofficial TWRP image worked: https://forum.xda-developers.com/Mi-9/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-xiaomi-mi-9-t3905825
For me at the time of writing that is version twrp-3.3.1-42-cepheus-mauronofrio
However I fail to install LineageOS (lineage-17.0-20190922-UNOFFICIAL-cepheus.zip).
I’ve noticed that the zip contains patches for the system image. What version of Mi OS is required for the zip above to work? I have the latest global version installed, version 10.2.30.0 20190806 directly from Xioami’s website.
My device is unlocked.
I’ll be happy to provide any help I’m able to provide by sending you debugging data.
eKristensenOctober 29, 2019 at 6:21 PM #100504
Can you flash this TWRP from randomblame:
What is the failure did you see?
Is there any error code or any error message flashed on the screen?
Android 10 has an important change of system-as-root which requires a specific TWRP which is aware of the aforementioned thing.
This could be one thing, if not I can help you after knowing the reason of the failure, may be!November 13, 2019 at 9:08 PM #101143KorysovecParticipant
I tried to flash the TWRP you mentioned, however it wouldn’t boot. So I installed the ROM using “TWRP-3.3.1-8-siankatabg-MI9-black.img” which does support Android 10. It was kinda successful as I booted up at first, for a couple seconds, then it started bootlooping. Factory reset didn’t help. Anyways I hope you can continue supporting this phone as I would really appreciate LineageOS on my device.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.