September 17, 2019 at 7:33 AM #96950
Lineage OS 17.1 for Mi 9 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install Mi 9 Lineage OS 17.1 ROM based on Android 10, with a step-by-step guide.
The Mi 9 LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer randomblame and the LineageOS 17.1 build is brought to you by developer vince31fr. For other Android 10 based custom ROM builds you can always visit this Android 10 Download page for supported devices.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Status of the Mi 9 LineageOS 17 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
What is LineageOS 17.1 with MicroG for Mi9?
MicroG is Google Apps alternative for Android, basically required for custom ROMs. MicroG provides all the core services that are required to run some of the Google Apps.
So, what is included in this ROM?
- GmsCore, GsfProxy, FakeStore, maps API (MicroG core apps)
- F-Droid Privileged Extension (for seamless package installation with FDroid)
- Aurora Services (for seamless package installation with Aurora Store)
- Etar-Calendar instead of LineageOS Calendar (completely useless with MicroG)
Where to Download Lineage OS 17.1 for Mi 9?
- ROM Download link of LineageOS 17.1 with microg [RECOMMENDED]
- ROM Download link of LineageOS 17
- Mi 9 TWRP Download to flash this ROM
- LineageOS 17 GApps Download
- How to Root LineageOS 17
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– ADB Fastboot Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 on Mi 9?
Installing Lineage OS 17.1 on Mi 9 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the Lineage OS 17.1 or 17 ROM zip file and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install the Lineage OS 17.1 custom ROM. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for Mi 9
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.
- ADB Sideload the Mi 9 Lineage OS 17.1 zip file
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Mi 9.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17.1 for Mi 9 (cepheus):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of Lineage OS 17.1, GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated Lineage OS 17.1 build
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the Mi 9 Lineage OS 17.1 zip file
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on your phone, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on the phone, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the Lineage OS 17.1.
How to Root Mi 9 on Lineage OS 17.1?
Where to Download Google Camera for Mi 9 Lineage OS 17.1?
GCam 7.0 and later version are compatible with Lineage OS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
You can always look into the big list of GCam APK download for supported devices for more options.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi 9 (cepheus) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APKOctober 7, 2019 at 5:13 PM #99535kumrulu52Participant
dont have link for mi 9October 15, 2019 at 12:48 PM #99775mkhf,cjgvhbParticipant
Hi, thank’u for de job, but, link of download not found:October 23, 2019 at 4:34 PM #100060kumrulu52Participant
not work download linkOctober 23, 2019 at 5:41 PM #100065October 27, 2019 at 8:22 PM #100480eKristensenParticipant
Thank you for the post above.
I was unable to flash the TWRP linked above, but using the latest unofficial TWRP image worked: https://forum.xda-developers.com/Mi-9/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-xiaomi-mi-9-t3905825
For me at the time of writing that is version twrp-3.3.1-42-cepheus-mauronofrio
However I fail to install LineageOS (lineage-17.0-20190922-UNOFFICIAL-cepheus.zip).
I’ve noticed that the zip contains patches for the system image. What version of Mi OS is required for the zip above to work? I have the latest global version installed, version 10.2.30.0 20190806 directly from Xioami’s website.
My device is unlocked.
I’ll be happy to provide any help I’m able to provide by sending you debugging data.
eKristensenOctober 29, 2019 at 6:21 PM #100504
Can you flash this TWRP from randomblame:
What is the failure did you see?
Is there any error code or any error message flashed on the screen?
Android 10 has an important change of system-as-root which requires a specific TWRP which is aware of the aforementioned thing.
This could be one thing, if not I can help you after knowing the reason of the failure, may be!
? GCam APK | Mod APKNovember 13, 2019 at 9:08 PM #101143KorysovecParticipant
I tried to flash the TWRP you mentioned, however it wouldn’t boot. So I installed the ROM using “TWRP-3.3.1-8-siankatabg-MI9-black.img” which does support Android 10. It was kinda successful as I booted up at first, for a couple seconds, then it started bootlooping. Factory reset didn’t help. Anyways I hope you can continue supporting this phone as I would really appreciate LineageOS on my device.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.