- September 10, 2019 at 2:33 AM #96656Sibananda SahuKeymaster
LineageOS 17 for Mi 6 is now available to download and install from a developer build. This article explains how to install LineageOS 17 on Mi 6, with a step-by-step guide. This Mi 6 LineageOS 17 build is brought to you by developer NeoArian.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BETA BUILD OF LineageOS 17 FOR Mi 6, WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND KEEP IT IN YOUR MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing LineageOS 17 on Mi 6 requires an unlock bootloader on Mi 6, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Mi 6 LineageOS 17 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 17 ON Mi 6:
- ROM Download link for Mi 6 LineageOS 17
- Mi 6 TWRP Download (sagit) for this Mi 6 LineageOS 17 ROM
- GApps for LineageOS 17
- How to Root LineageOS 17
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 17 ON Mi 6 – Android 10 CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Mi 6 LineageOS 17 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17 on Mi 6
- Upgrading LineageOS 17 on Mi 6 from a previous build of LineageOS 17 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 17 on Mi 6 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17 ROM for Mi 6 and the GApps for LineageOS 17 to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 17 on Mi 6. Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root aware TWRP for Mi 6– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition, vendor partition and system partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Now format the data partition. (Formatting data partition is different than wiping data partition)
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery.
- Install the Mi 6 LineageOS 17 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then install the LineageOS 17 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 on Mi 6.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17 on Mi 6 (sagit):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17 on Mi 6.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 17 for Mi 6, LineageOS 17 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17 on Mi 6
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 17 update on Mi 6.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Mi 6, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Mi 6, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How Root LineageOS 17
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17 on Mi 6.
Some Screenshots of LineageOS 17
After installing LineageOS 17 on Mi 6 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How Root LineageOS 17
Where to Download Google Camera for Mi 6 LineageOS 17?
GCam 7.2 and GCam 7.0 are compatible with LineageOS 17 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
In case you won’t get your device in the above lists, you can always look into the big list of GCam APK for Android 10 (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU Zip to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi 6 (sagit) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.