April 17, 2019 at 1:03 PM #80144
LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 7 is now available to download and install, which is based on Android Pie 9.0 version. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7, with a step-by-step guide. This LineageOS 16 build for Redmi Note 7 is brought to you by developer letsmakecakes and another build is by makorn645.
[h2]DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:[/h2]
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to letsmakecakes, makorn645 and LineageOS project:
– Donate to makorn645
– No donation link found for letsmakecakes
– Donate to LineageOS project
[h3]Status of the Redmi Note 7 LineageOS 16 ROM:[/h3]
[h2]REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Redmi Note 7:[/h2]
- ROM download link of LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 7 by letsmakecakes (Updated on 27th April 2019)
- ROM download link of LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 7 [LINK REMOVED AS THE DEV DOES NOT APPROVE THE BUILD YET]
- TWRP Download for Redmi Note 7 to install LineageOS 16 ROM
- Redmi Note 7 unlock bootloader – required to install TWRP recovery
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 / GApps for LineageOS 16
- How to ROOT LineageOS 16
[h2]HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Redmi Note 7 – Android 9.0 Pie CUSTOM ROM:[/h2]
[h3]To Install LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7 for the first time:[/h3]
- Download and Copy the Redmi Note 7 LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 7
- This step is only to flash letsmakecakes’ LineageOS 16 build.
– Unzip and extract the images of LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 7.
– Clean all of the partitions be executing the following command:
– Then install or flash the System, vendor and Boot image either using TWRP or fastboot.
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9.0 Pie LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7.
[h3]Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7 (lavender):[/h3]
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 7, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 7.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– Google Camera for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi Note 7 (lavender) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APKSeptember 24, 2019 at 3:02 PM #98985September 24, 2019 at 3:05 PM #98995September 27, 2019 at 7:40 PM #99130beryl1Participant
I’m a new LOS user and wanted to know if these beta builds are official? Anyway good to see non-Pro Note 7 being supported, it’s a device I’d like to buy when/if LOS builds are ready. Thank for your work!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.