- April 17, 2019 at 1:03 PM #80144
LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 7 is now available to download and install, which is based on Android Pie 9.0 version. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7, with a step-by-step guide. This LineageOS 16 build for Redmi Note 7 is brought to you by developer letsmakecakes and another build is by makorn645.LineageOS 17 for Redmi Note 7 based on Android 10 is also available to download, which you may want to look. Visit the following LineageOS 17 page to get all other LineageOS Android 10 updates.
[h2]DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:[/h2]
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to letsmakecakes, makorn645 and LineageOS project:
– Donate to makorn645
– No donation link found for letsmakecakes
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL BETA BUILD OF LineageOS 16 FOR Redmi Note 7, WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL OR MAY HAVE MANY BUGS IF IT BOOTS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on Redmi Note 7, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
[h3]Status of the Redmi Note 7 LineageOS 16 ROM:[/h3]
[h2]REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Redmi Note 7:[/h2]
- ROM download link of LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 7 by letsmakecakes (Updated on 27th April 2019)
- ROM download link of LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 7 [LINK REMOVED AS THE DEV DOES NOT APPROVE THE BUILD YET]
- TWRP Download for Redmi Note 7 to install LineageOS 16 ROM
- Redmi Note 7 unlock bootloader – required to install TWRP recovery
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 / GApps for LineageOS 16
- How to ROOT LineageOS 16
[h2]HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Redmi Note 7 – Android 9.0 Pie CUSTOM ROM:[/h2]
Following are the two sub-sections of this Redmi Note 7 LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7 from a previous build of LineageOS 16 ROM
[h3]To Install LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7 for the first time:[/h3]
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the Redmi Note 7 LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7.– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the how to install twrp Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
– Installing TWRP recovery requires an unlocked bootloader on Redmi Note 7
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 7– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- This step is only to flash letsmakecakes’ LineageOS 16 build.
– Unzip and extract the images of LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 7.
– Clean all of the partitions be executing the following command:
This command will erase all the partitions on your Android phone. Make sure to backup important partitions using TWRP, fastboot or any other app.
– Then install or flash the System, vendor and Boot image either using TWRP or fastboot.
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9.0 Pie LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7.
[h3]Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7 (lavender):[/h3]
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9.0 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 7, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 7.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– Google Camera for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi Note 7 (lavender) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOSSeptember 24, 2019 at 3:02 PM #98985September 24, 2019 at 3:05 PM #98995September 27, 2019 at 7:40 PM #99130beryl1Participant
I’m a new LOS user and wanted to know if these beta builds are official? Anyway good to see non-Pro Note 7 being supported, it’s a device I’d like to buy when/if LOS builds are ready. Thank for your work!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.