- September 5, 2019 at 5:01 PM #96439Sibananda SahuKeymaster
LineageOS 16 for Moto G7 Power is now available to download and install from an build. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 Power, with a step-by-step guide. This Moto G7 Power LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer SyberHexen.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to SyberHexen and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for SyberHexen
– Donate to LineageOS projectDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BETA BUILD OF LineageOS 16 FOR Moto G7 Power, WHICH HAS MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on Moto G7 Power, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Moto G7 Power LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Moto G7 Power:
- ROM Download link of LineageOS 16 for Moto G7 Power
- Official stock firmware of Moto G7 Power
- Copy partitions zip file download
- Moto G7 Power TWRP Download (ocean) for this Moto G7 Power LineageOS 16 ROM (use the Mogo G7 TWRP)
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Moto G7 Power unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 or Open GApps for LineageOS 16
- How to Root LineageOS 16
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Moto G7 Power – Android 9 Pie based CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Moto G7 Power LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 Power
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 Power from a previous build of LineageOS 16 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 Power for the first time:
- First remove your google account under Settings > Accounts
- Then factory reset your phone.This step will delete all the data on your phone.
You can visit the following guide to backup: How to backup data on Android
- Download the official firmware for Moto G7 Power from the above link and extract it on a PC.
- Unlock bootloader of Moto G7 Power, if not done already.
- Once unlocked, reboot into fastboot mode by pressing power + volume down button.
- Flash the extracted stock firmware omages of Moto G7 Power to the slot_a using fastboot.
Execute the following code on a PC. (make sure fastboot is installed on that PC)
fastboot set_active a
fastboot getvar max-sparse-size
fastboot oem fb_mode_set
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash modem_a NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot flash fsg_a fsg.mbn
fastboot flash dsp_a adspso.bin
fastboot flash logo_a logo.bin
fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
fastboot flash dtbo_a dtbo.img
fastboot flash vendor_a vendor_a.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash vendor_a vendor_a.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash vendor_a vendor_a.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash vendor_b vendor_b.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash vendor_b vendor_b.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash vendor_b vendor_b.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash oem_a oem.img
fastboot flash oem_b oem.img
fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
- Download the TWRP for Moto G7 Power and boot into it from fastboot mode.
Use the following code from a terminal on PC:
fastboot boot twrp.img
(replace the actual filename in place of twrp.img)
- Now download the Moto G7 Power LineageOS 16 and the copypartitions.zip file and copy it to the phone from the MTP mode of TWRP.
- Flash or install the LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 Power and the copypartitions.zip file.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Once flashed, reboot into bootloader or fastboot mode once again and set the active slot as b.
Execute the following fastboot command to do so:
fastboot set_active b
- Once done, boot to twrp image again by executing the following on a terminal:
fastboot boot twrp.img
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 Power.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 Power (ocean):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 Power.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Moto G7 Power, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 Power
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Moto G7 Power.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 Power, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 Power, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 Power.
Add-on links after installing LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 PowerIf there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU Zip to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Moto G7 Power (ocean) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOSOctober 26, 2019 at 1:27 PM #100420dbaezembParticipant
POR FAVOR AYUDA¡ DESPUES DE INSTALAR LA ROM EN TWRP MI MOTO G POWER SE APAGO Y NO ENCIENDE MAS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.