- September 3, 2019 at 4:41 PM #96180Sibananda SahuKeymaster
LineageOS 16 for Moto G7 Plus is now available to download and install from an build. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 Plus, with a step-by-step guide. This Moto G7 Plus LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer Jleeblanch.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to Jleeblanch and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for Jleeblanch
– Donate to LineageOS projectDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BETA BUILD OF LineageOS 16 FOR Moto G7 Plus, WHICH HAS MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on Moto G7 Plus, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Moto G7 Plus LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Moto G7 Plus:
- ROM Download link for Moto G7 Plus LineageOS 16
- Moto G7 Plus TWRP Download (lake) for this Moto G7 Plus LineageOS 16 ROM
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Moto G7 Plus unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 or Open GApps for LineageOS 16
- How to Root LineageOS 16
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Moto G7 Plus – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Moto G7 Plus LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 Plus
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 Plus from a previous build of LineageOS 16 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 Plus for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Moto G7 Plus LineageOS 16 Android Pie ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 Plus.– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Moto G7 Plus LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 Plus.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 Plus (lake):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 Plus.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Moto G7 Plus, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 Plus
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Moto G7 Plus.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 Plus, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 Plus, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 Plus.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Moto G7 Plus you may want to install GCam or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– GCam for Android Pie page that contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices.If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Moto G7 Plus (lake) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.