October 11, 2018 at 12:51 PM #55342Mod APKKeymaster
You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Moto G5 Plus. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Moto G5 Plus, with a step-by-step guide. This Moto G5 Plus LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer sandy108.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to sandy108 and LineageOS project:
– Donate to LineageOS project
– no donation link found for sandy108
Status of the Moto G5 Plus LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost EverythingKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Moto G5 Plus:
- Moto G5 Plus TWRP Download (potter) for this Moto G5 Plus LineageOS 16 ROM
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Moto G5 Plus unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- ROM Download link for Moto G5 Plus LineageOS 16
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 or Open GApps for LineageOS 16
- How to Root LineageOS 16
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Moto G5 Plus – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Moto G5 Plus for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Moto G5 Plus LineageOS 16 Android Pie ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Moto G5 Plus.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- Install the Moto G5 Plus LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Moto G5 Plus.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Moto G5 Plus (potter):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Moto G5 Plus, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 16 on Moto G5 Plus
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Moto G5 Plus.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Moto G5 Plus, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Moto G5 Plus, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Moto G5 Plus.
Add-on links after installing LineageOS 16 on Moto G5 PlusStay tuned or Subscribe to the Moto G5 Plus (potter) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? <a href="https://www.cyanogenmods.org/google-camera/">GCam APK</a> | <a href="https://www.cyanogenmods.org/">Mod APK</a>October 27, 2018 at 2:21 AM #57888damian del rossoMember
hice la instalacion como indica y los servicios de google no funcionan (por las dudas instale las dos opciones de apps de google y tampoco, haciendo los wipe correspondientes entre una y otra), lo poco que pude usar funciona muy fluido. tuve que volver a la rom stock de motorola. moto g 5 + xt 1681
ojala puedan solucionar este incoveniente, realmente funciona el resto de la rom muy bien!
I did the installation as indicated but the google services do not work (just install the two options of google apps and not, making the corresponding wipe between them), the little I could use because of that otherwise it works very smoothly.
I had to go back to the motorola stock rom. moto g5 + xt 1681
I hope you can solve this inconvenience; otherwise it really works very well with the rest of the rom!December 26, 2018 at 12:17 AM #64399Alvaro ContrerasMember
Hello friends, my finger scanner is not working.
I went from having stock rom to LineageOs 16, everything seems to be working fine.
the only problem is with the finger scanner.
Can someone please help me get the scanner working?
Moto g5 PlusApril 10, 2019 at 3:53 AM #78751imcoelhoParticipant
Congratulations for this mod. I’ll leave some comments that may help people here.
I tried to install this mod in many different ways, and got many different problems.
1) Tried with TWPR twrp-3.2.3-1-potter.img and installed LOS 16 + opengapps 9.0
Used: lineage-16.0-20181007-UNOFFICIAL-potter / lineage-16.0-20181107-UNOFFICIAL-potter / open_gapps-arm64-9.0-nano-20190409
I got some encryption problem… it requested a password, I put “default_password”, it said password was fine, but something else was broken. When I tried to wipe partition on TWPR I got some errors. So, I downgraded TWPR
2) Tried with twrp-3.2.1-1-potter_crypto.img and installed LOS 16 + opengapps 9.0
Used: MindTheGapps-9.0.0-arm64-20180809_192137 / MindTheGapps-9.0.0-Unofficial-arm64-20180818 / MindTheGapps-9.0.0-arm64-20190216_211116 / open_gapps-arm64-9.0-nano-20190409
Now I passed encryption part. After it requested my wifi connection, it connected but got stuck on “checking for updates…” forever. I rebooted many times, wiped out everything and tried again. No success.
I heard it might be a problem with opengapps, so I tried MindTheGapps too… tried too many versions, but no progress. I reverted TWPR to the newest version again, but also no progress.
3) Finally, tried with TWPR twrp-3.2.3-1-potter.img and installed LOS 15.1 + open_gapps 8.1
This was the only way I got it working on potter Moto G5 Plus: installing lineage-15.1-20190408-UNOFFICIAL-potter with open_gapps-arm64-8.1-nano-20190409.
I guess this was the post: https://www.cyanogenmods.org/forums/topic/lineageos-15-1-for-moto-g5-plus-android-oreo-8-1
Using this tutorial, I managed to pass the wifi situation, but noticed there’s no tray bar anymore. Since there’s no “back” button, or anything else, I thought it was another bug on the system!
4) Configuration of biometric reader to perform “back” and other operations
OPTION 1: I needed to find “Settings” on top screen, and go to “Moto Actions”, to add “gestures on biometric sensor”. I defined a single click as “back”, double click as “home” and long click as “recent”.
OPTION 2: Go to “Settings” on top screen, then “System” -> “Buttons” -> “Enable screen navigation bar”. This is more “classic” (three buttons on screen), but also consumes part of the screen.
This was the necessary steps to make it work on my Moto G5 Plus. Hope this helps others, and I hope I manage to go to LOS 16 soon enough :)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.