- October 9, 2018 at 6:51 PM #54958
You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Galaxy J5. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy J5, with a step-by-step guide. This build of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy J5 is brought to you by developer Dyneteve.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to Dyneteve and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for Dyneteve
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF Galaxy J5 LineageOS 16 WHICH MAY HAVE MINOR BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE BEFORE FLASHING.
Installing a TWRP recovery on Galaxy J5 may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Galaxy J5 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Galaxy J5 LineageOS 16 ANDROID 9 PIE ROM:
- TWRP recovery for Galaxy J5 (j5ltexx) to install LineageOS 16 ROM
- Install TWRP recovery using ODIN
- ROM Download link of Galaxy J5 J500H LineageOS 16 ROM
- ROM Download link of Galaxy J5 J500FN LineageOS 16 ROM
- ROM Download link of Galaxy J5 J500F/G/M/Y LineageOS 16 ROM
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16
- How to Root LineageOS 16
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 16 FOR Galaxy J5 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this LineageOS 16 guide:
- Fresh installation of Galaxy J5 LineageOS 16 ROM
- Updating a new Galaxy J5 LineageOS 16 on top of previous LineageOS 16 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy J5 for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Galaxy J5 LineageOS 16 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 for Galaxy J5.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow how to install TWRP on Samsung using ODIN (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Galaxy J5 LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Galaxy J5 LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie ROM.
Upgrading a new version of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy J5 (j5ltexx):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy J5, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 ROM for Galaxy J5.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy J5, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy J5, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 for Galaxy J5.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Galaxy J5.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy J5 you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT.
If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy J5 (j5ltexx) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
Attachments:October 29, 2018 at 5:29 PM #58162
Thank you for that !!!
I’ve found a problem : Home button doesn’t wake up device on J5nltexxx
That’s all 😉November 25, 2018 at 4:46 PM #61284
Thanks for the ROM !
Volte don’t work on any lineage is please fix it please please and please.
And can you add screen calling feature and gcam with HDR+ and nightsight one as inbuilt camera please !!!December 21, 2018 at 2:20 AM #63826
I installed the rom on the J500M (lineage-16.0-j4-20181117-NIGHTLY-j5lte).
It’s working fine on the device.
However, to configure the buttons (Settings> System> Buttons), there are only options to configure the power button and the volume button, there are no options to configure the home button.
So, if the screen phone is off, only the power button can turn on it; the home button will not take any action if the screen is off.
I have other devices with lineage 16.0 and this configuration is present in them.
How I can proced?
Is that a bug? Or the home button setting is somewhere else?December 26, 2018 at 2:17 PM #64440
I am getting an error code 7 on my Galaxy J5 2015 a.k.a j500f.
Can you please help me out of it cause I really want to try pie and in no mood to buy a new handset for that.
Attachments:February 4, 2019 at 5:36 PM #71948February 13, 2019 at 11:10 PM #72671
pls help. error 7 on j500hFebruary 14, 2019 at 8:57 AM #72681February 24, 2019 at 12:40 AM #73738
can’t wake my device with home button. help me with this.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.