October 9, 2018 at 6:51 PM #54958
You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Galaxy J5. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy J5, with a step-by-step guide. This build of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy J5 is brought to you by developer Dyneteve.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to Dyneteve and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for Dyneteve
– Donate to LineageOS project
Status of Galaxy J5 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Galaxy J5 LineageOS 16 ANDROID 9 PIE ROM:[styledlist style=”yes”]
- TWRP recovery for Galaxy J5 (j5ltexx) to install LineageOS 16 ROM
- Install TWRP recovery using ODIN
- ROM Download link of Galaxy J5 J500H LineageOS 16 ROM
- ROM Download link of Galaxy J5 J500FN LineageOS 16 ROM
- ROM Download link of Galaxy J5 J500F/G/M/Y LineageOS 16 ROM
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16
- How to Root LineageOS 16
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 16 FOR Galaxy J5 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy J5 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Galaxy J5 LineageOS 16 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 for Galaxy J5.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- Install the Galaxy J5 LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Galaxy J5 LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie ROM.
Upgrading a new version of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy J5 (j5ltexx):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy J5, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 ROM for Galaxy J5.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy J5, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy J5, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 for Galaxy J5.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy J5 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16
– GCam for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy J5 (j5ltexx) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APKOctober 29, 2018 at 5:29 PM #58162HarfeurMember
Thank you for that !!!
I’ve found a problem : Home button doesn’t wake up device on J5nltexxx
That’s all 😉November 25, 2018 at 4:46 PM #61284Yash ShahMember
Thanks for the ROM !
Volte don’t work on any lineage is please fix it please please and please.
And can you add screen calling feature and gcam with HDR+ and nightsight one as inbuilt camera please !!!December 21, 2018 at 2:20 AM #63826Enzo_PMember
I installed the rom on the J500M (lineage-16.0-j4-20181117-NIGHTLY-j5lte).
It’s working fine on the device.
However, to configure the buttons (Settings> System> Buttons), there are only options to configure the power button and the volume button, there are no options to configure the home button.
So, if the screen phone is off, only the power button can turn on it; the home button will not take any action if the screen is off.
I have other devices with lineage 16.0 and this configuration is present in them.
How I can proced?
Is that a bug? Or the home button setting is somewhere else?December 26, 2018 at 2:17 PM #64440Soumyadeep ChatterjeeParticipant
I am getting an error code 7 on my Galaxy J5 2015 a.k.a j500f.
Can you please help me out of it cause I really want to try pie and in no mood to buy a new handset for that.February 4, 2019 at 5:36 PM #71948February 13, 2019 at 11:10 PM #72671Masood AnsariMember
pls help. error 7 on j500hFebruary 14, 2019 at 8:57 AM #72681February 24, 2019 at 12:40 AM #73738Soumyadeep ChatterjeeParticipant
can’t wake my device with home button. help me with this.October 28, 2019 at 9:51 PM #100489xX_m3m3l0rd_XxParticipant
So, I downloaded your ROM but I have a little problem. Basically everything works except for the Mobile Data. I installed the lasted version of your build, the one dated 29th September 2019. How can I fix it?
Thanks in advance!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.