May 10, 2019 at 3:51 PM #85235Sibananda SahuKeymaster
LineageOS 16 for BQ Aquaris X is now available to download and install, which is based on Android Pie 9.0 version. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on BQ Aquaris X, with a step-by-step guide. This OFFICIAL build of LineageOS 16 for BQ Aquaris X is brought to you by developer eloimuns, Quallenauge and Team aquaris-dev.
[h2]DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:[/h2]
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to eloimuns, Quallenauge, Team aquaris-dev and LineageOS project:
– Donate to eloimuns
– Donate to Team aquaris-dev
– No donation link found for Quallenauge
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL OFFICIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 16 FOR BQ Aquaris X, WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on BQ Aquaris X, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
[h3]Status of the BQ Aquaris X LineageOS 16 ROM:[/h3]
[h2]REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON BQ Aquaris X:[/h2]
[h2]HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON BQ Aquaris X – Android 9.0 Pie CUSTOM ROM:[/h2]
Following are the two sub-sections of this BQ Aquaris X LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 16 on BQ Aquaris X
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on BQ Aquaris X from a previous build of LineageOS 16 ROM
[h3]To Install LineageOS 16 on BQ Aquaris X for the first time:[/h3]
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring System apps backup using Titanium Backup.
- Don’t restore System data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- Download and Copy the BQ Aquaris X LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on BQ Aquaris X.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the how to install twrp Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
– Installing TWRP recovery requires an unlocked bootloader on BQ Aquaris X
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for BQ Aquaris X
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9.0 Pie LineageOS 16 on BQ Aquaris X.
[h3]Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on BQ Aquaris X (bardock):[/h3]
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9.0 Pie with LineageOS 16 on BQ Aquaris X.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for BQ Aquaris X, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for BQ Aquaris X.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on BQ Aquaris X, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on BQ Aquaris X, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on BQ Aquaris X.
After installing LineageOS 16 on BQ Aquaris X you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– GCam APK for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the BQ Aquaris X (bardock) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.