- February 3, 2019 at 8:45 AM #71766
The good news is that you can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Nubia Z17 Mini. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Nubia Z17 Mini, with a step-by-step guide.
This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer HighwayStar.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to HighwayStar and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for HighwayStar
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 16 FOR Nubia Z17 Mini, WHICH HAS FEW BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE.
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on Nubia Z17 Mini, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Nubia Z17 Mini LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost EverythingKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Nubia Z17 Mini:
This ROM will not work on devices that have not installed the O bootloader and appropriate modem packages given below.
Any failure in this process could lead to an unrecoverable hard bricked device.
FOR NOW THIS BUILD ONLY WORKS ON DEVICES WITH A VENDOR PARTITION
- TWRP for Nubia Z17 Mini (nx569j) for this Nubia Z17 Mini LineageOS 16 ROM
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Bootloader unlock guide for Nubia Z17 Mini
– Required to install TWRP recovery
- ROM download link of LineageOS 16 for Nubia Z17 Mini
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 or Open GApps for LineageOS 16
- How to ROOT LineageOS 16
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Nubia Z17 Mini – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Nubia Z17 Mini LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 16 on Nubia Z17 Mini
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on Nubia Z17 Mini from a previous build of LineageOS 16 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Nubia Z17 Mini for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Unlock the bootloader by following the link given in above section.
- Install the Universal bootloader and your model specific modem.
- Update the TWRP which is a must to install the LineageOS 16 on Nubia Z17 Mini.
- Download and Copy the Nubia Z17 Mini LineageOS 16 ROM and Android Pie GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Nubia Z17 Mini.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
– Installing TWRP recovery requires an unlocked bootloader on Nubia Z17 Mini
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Nubia Z17 Mini
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Nubia Z17 Mini.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Nubia Z17 Mini (nx569j):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Nubia Z17 Mini, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Nubia Z17 Mini.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Nubia Z17 Mini, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Nubia Z17 Mini, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Nubia Z17 Mini.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Nubia Z17 Mini.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Nubia Z17 Mini you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT.
If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Nubia Z17 Mini (nx569j) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
Attachments:March 28, 2019 at 5:24 AM #77179
Thanks!August 2, 2019 at 4:50 AM #94552
The links for ROM and TWRP are off
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.