- August 20, 2018 at 12:01 AM #45044shibaa987Moderator
You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Axon 7. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Axon 7, with a step-by-step guide.
This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer OrdenKrieger.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 16 FOR Axon 7, WHICH HAS FEW BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE.
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on Axon 7, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Axon 7 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Axon 7:This ROM will not work on devices that have not installed the O bootloader and appropriate modem packages given below.
Any failure in this process could lead to an unrecoverable hard bricked device.
FOR NOW THIS BUILD ONLY WORKS ON DEVICES WITH A VENDOR PARTITION
- Bootloader and modem for Axon 7 to install this LineageOS 16 ROM
- TWRP for Axon 7 (axon7) for this Axon 7 LineageOS 16 ROM
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Axon 7 unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- ROM download link for for Axon 7 LineageOS 16
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 or Open GApps for LineageOS 16
- How to ROOT LineageOS 16
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Axon 7 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Axon 7 LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 16 on Axon 7
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on Axon 7 from a previous build of LineageOS 16 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Axon 7 for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Unlock the bootloader by following the link given in above section.
- Install the Universal bootloader and your model specific modem.
- Update the TWRP which is a must to install the LineageOS 16 on Axon 7.
- Download and Copy the Axon 7 LineageOS 16 ROM and Android Pie GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Axon 7.– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
– Installing TWRP recovery requires an unlocked bootloader on Axon 7
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Axon 7– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Axon 7.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Axon 7 (axon7):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Axon 7.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Axon 7, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Axon 7.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Axon 7, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Axon 7, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Axon 7.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Axon 7 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16
– GCam for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Axon 7 (axon7) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | LineageOSSeptember 19, 2018 at 1:16 AM #51513ch_dzkybriMember
Where can I find the bootloader and modem? The link in the article points to the TWRP.December 15, 2018 at 1:45 PM #63255mosik17Member
black screen in twrp-220.127.116.11.
in 18.104.22.168 – error 7January 3, 2019 at 4:11 AM #65563dfu1983Member
I’ve tried to install lineage16 on my ZTE axon 7 and it makes me freak out. I thought I’ve lost my phone, when I wipe out all the data, system and so, and tried to flash the last rom. I’ve got the error 7: this package is for axon 7 ailsa_ii. This device is.”
I’ve tried to flash all the ROMS (customs and stock) i could download, any version until I fortunately got A2017G-AROMA stock ROM by raystef66.
So, what is the deal with TWRP on flashing lineage16? anyone have got the same error?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.