September 26, 2018 at 5:58 PM #52941GuestModerator
You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Mi Mix 2. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Mi Mix 2, with a step-by-step guide. This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer AndyYan.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Status of the Mi Mix 2 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Mi Mix 2:
- Your Mi Mix 2 phone must be on Firmware version 8.4.19
- TWRP for Mi Mix 2 (chiron) for this Mi Mix 2 LineageOS 16 ROM (wight’s designated TWRP)
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Mi Mix 2 unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- ROM download link for Mi Mix 2 LineageOS 16 [LATEST BUILD FROM 22nd JAN]
- TEST ROM download link for Mi Mix 2 LineageOS 16 [TEST BUILD FROM 2nd FEB]
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 / GApps for LineageOS 16
- How to ROOT LineageOS 16
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Mi Mix 2 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
To Install LineageOS 16 on Mi Mix 2 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the Mi Mix 2 LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Mi Mix 2.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Mi Mix 2
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Mi Mix 2.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Mi Mix 2 (chiron):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Mi Mix 2, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Mi Mix 2.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Mi Mix 2, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Mi Mix 2, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Mi Mix 2.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Mi Mix 2 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16
– GCam Download for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi Mix 2 (chiron) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKNovember 12, 2018 at 4:57 PM #59945Ziah BichaMember
After I installed Lineage 16.0 my mi mix 2 has been overheating tremendously. pls take action it is very hot.pls helpFebruary 4, 2019 at 6:26 PM #71969February 7, 2019 at 9:58 PM #72245tbsrock10Participant
I dont no if you can help. But when i get into TWRP my password isnt the same as my unlock phone key?
Figured it out!February 8, 2019 at 1:02 AM #72248tbsrock10Participant
Hello, I figured out my previous issue. Now i am getting a Pixel Set Up keeps stopping error. I changed the home to Nova Launcher. But when I hit the home button the error comes up. Any ideas how to fix?May 12, 2019 at 12:30 AM #85476huitre39Participant
Hello, when will the update be available?May 14, 2019 at 5:17 PM #85792May 14, 2019 at 5:20 PM #85793May 16, 2019 at 12:17 AM #85858huitre39Participant
siba, this version is not a beta testing build, for later to propose it to the stable channel ?
lineageos 16 has been out since 5 months why mi mix 2 still does not have update android lineageos 16 ?
is there a bug or compatibility issues?September 24, 2019 at 3:20 PM #99021
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.