- September 26, 2018 at 5:58 PM #52941
You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Mi Mix 2. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Mi Mix 2, with a step-by-step guide. This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer AndyYan.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 16 FOR Mi Mix 2, WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE.
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on Mi Mix 2, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Mi Mix 2 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Mi Mix 2:
- Your Mi Mix 2 phone must be on Firmware version 8.4.19
- TWRP for Mi Mix 2 (chiron) for this Mi Mix 2 LineageOS 16 ROM (wight’s designated TWRP)
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Mi Mix 2 unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- ROM download link for Mi Mix 2 LineageOS 16 [LATEST BUILD FROM 22nd JAN]
- TEST ROM download link for Mi Mix 2 LineageOS 16 [TEST BUILD FROM 2nd FEB]
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 / GApps for LineageOS 16
- How to ROOT LineageOS 16
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Mi Mix 2 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Mi Mix 2 LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 16 on Mi Mix 2
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on Mi Mix 2 from a previous build of LineageOS 16 ROM
To Install LineageOS 16 on Mi Mix 2 for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the Mi Mix 2 LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Mi Mix 2.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the how to install twrp Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
– Installing TWRP recovery requires an unlocked bootloader on Mi Mix 2
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Mi Mix 2
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Mi Mix 2.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Mi Mix 2 (chiron):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Mi Mix 2, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Mi Mix 2.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Mi Mix 2, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Mi Mix 2, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Mi Mix 2.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Mi Mix 2.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Mi Mix 2 you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT.
If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi Mix 2 (chiron) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.November 12, 2018 at 4:57 PM #59945
After I installed Lineage 16.0 my mi mix 2 has been overheating tremendously. pls take action it is very hot.pls helpFebruary 4, 2019 at 6:26 PM #71969
sibaKeymasterFebruary 7, 2019 at 9:58 PM #72245
I dont no if you can help. But when i get into TWRP my password isnt the same as my unlock phone key?
Figured it out!February 8, 2019 at 1:02 AM #72248
Hello, I figured out my previous issue. Now i am getting a Pixel Set Up keeps stopping error. I changed the home to Nova Launcher. But when I hit the home button the error comes up. Any ideas how to fix?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.