September 3, 2018 at 3:50 PM #48056GuestModerator
Good news. You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Mi 5. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Mi 5, with a step-by-step guide. This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer bgcngm.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Status of the Mi 5 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Camera (and flashlight)
– Telephony (Calls and Data)
– Audio (Record and Playback)
– Video Playback
– ANT+KNOWN ISSUES:
– VoLTE (not confirmed)
– Hardware Crypto
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Mi 5:
- Download latest global Dev Firmware Required firmware version: MIUI 8.8.30 Global dev or later
- TWRP for Mi 5 (gemini) for this Mi 5 LineageOS 16 ROM
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Mi 5 unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- ROM download link for Mi 5 LineageOS 16 [BUILD update on 10th Feb 2019]
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 / GApps for LineageOS 16
- LineageOS 16 Root
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Mi 5 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Mi 5 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the Mi 5 LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Mi 5.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Mi 5
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Mi 5.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Mi 5 (gemini):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Mi 5, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Mi 5.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Mi 5, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Mi 5, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Mi 5.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Mi 5 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16
– GCam APK for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi 5 (gemini) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKFebruary 21, 2019 at 7:15 AM #73406naecoParticipant
Thank you for the great work!
However, the ROM doesn’t seem to be available at the provided link.
Cheers!February 21, 2019 at 3:17 PM #73486April 18, 2019 at 2:59 PM #80322marcccParticipant
I am running a nightly build of gemini, but also with this version i do not have GPS. Just am wondering of there is a solution, or a way to debug the GPS device. Does any one have a clue?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.