- April 10, 2019 at 7:21 PM #78886
LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 7 Pro is now available to download and install, which is based on Android Pie 9.0 version. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7 Pro, with a step-by-step guide.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BETA BUILD OF LineageOS 16 FOR Redmi Note 7 Pro, WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL OR MAY HAVE MANY BUGS IF IT BOOTS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on Redmi Note 7 Pro, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Redmi Note 7 Pro LineageOS 16 ROM:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Redmi Note 7 Pro:
- ROM download link of LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 7 Pro [Link updated on 9th May]
- vbmeta img Download of Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Vendor patch Download of Redmi Note 7 Pro
- TWRP Download for this Redmi Note 7 Pro LineageOS 16 ROM
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Redmi Note 7 Pro unlock bootloader – required to install TWRP recovery
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 / GApps for LineageOS 16
- How to ROOT LineageOS 16
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Redmi Note 7 Pro – Android 9.0 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Redmi Note 7 Pro LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7 Pro from a previous build of LineageOS 16 ROM
To Install LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7 Pro for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download the vbmeta.img file and flash it with verity disabled and verification disabled
Execute the following code to flash vbmeta.img with Verity Disabled and Verify Disabled:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
- Download the vendor patch zip file (filename: LineageOS Firmware-Violet.zip) and install it through TWRP recovery.
- Download and Copy the Redmi Note 7 Pro LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7 Pro.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the how to install twrp Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
– Installing TWRP recovery requires an unlocked bootloader on Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 7 Pro
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9.0 Pie LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7 Pro.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7 Pro (violet):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 7 Pro, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 7 Pro.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7 Pro, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7 Pro, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7 Pro.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9.0 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7 Pro.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 7 Pro you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT.
If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi Note 7 Pro (violet) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.