- February 3, 2019 at 9:17 AM #71803
LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 6 Pro is now available to download and install, which is based on Android Pie 9.0 version. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 6 Pro, with a step-by-step guide.
Android 10 based LineageOS 17 for Redmi Note 6 Pro is also available to update, which you may try.
This LineageOS 16 build for Redmi Note 6 Pro is brought to you by developer ShivamKumarJha.DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BETA BUILD OF LineageOS 16 FOR Redmi Note 6 Pro, WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on Redmi Note 6 Pro, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
[h3]Status of the Redmi Note 6 Pro LineageOS 16 ROM:[/h3]
– SELinux is permissive
[h2]REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Redmi Note 6 Pro:[/h2]
[h2]HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Redmi Note 6 Pro – Android 9.0 Pie CUSTOM ROM:[/h2]
Following are the two sub-sections of this Redmi Note 6 Pro LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 6 Pro
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 6 Pro from a previous build of LineageOS 16 ROM
[h3]To Install LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 6 Pro for the first time:[/h3]
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the Redmi Note 6 Pro LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 6 Pro.– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the how to install twrp Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
– Installing TWRP recovery requires an unlocked bootloader on Redmi Note 6 Pro
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 6 Pro– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9.0 Pie LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 6 Pro.
[h3]Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 6 Pro (tulip):[/h3]
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9.0 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 6 Pro.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 6 Pro, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 6 Pro.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 6 Pro, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 6 Pro, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 6 Pro.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 6 Pro you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– Google Camera for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi Note 6 Pro (tulip) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOSFebruary 19, 2019 at 7:27 PM #73152teststeamMember
Thanks for this, however using the lastest build, TWRP gives an ERROR 7 when trying to flash. I don’t want to force it and possibly brick my phone.February 28, 2019 at 8:48 AM #74101
I cannot add any kind of security lock not even finger. When I click to enable them nothing happens it just stays right where it is. Please fix this , this is major security feature of a device. Also Google play store not working after flashing from your recommended package. It is just stuck on Download pending.February 28, 2019 at 10:50 AM #74103
Okay now I know why the jio internet network is not working. Seems like the ROM is detecting the sim in slot 2 but I cannot change it to slot one as this phone has only a single slot for sim card and other for SD card. Please if you could do anything.February 28, 2019 at 8:02 PM #74162
Update: Seems like everything I stated in bugs in working now. The problem WS that after booting up it wasn’t prompting me in setup wizard. Also when I first booted , there was this message stuck that ‘Pixel setup has stopped working’. I tried to force close it and all but it didn’t work. So I had to remove Setup wizard.apk from system->priv-apps. After flashing like 3-4 times again and again after some time. On the fourth try after I removed the setup wizard.apk , it prompted me to lineage os setup and then everything starts working. I don’t know why it wasn’t prompting me in setup earlier even if I was following the same steps. Please loom into this if you can.March 4, 2019 at 5:50 PM #74610March 11, 2019 at 2:17 AM #75063
@siba Yes I was doing a full clean wipe everytime. Also I had flashed once more also and followed the same steps I mentioned earlier , removed the setup.apk and it prompted me to setup wizard the 5th time also. I can’t get it why it didn’t prompt me to setup a couple of times in the starting. Right now everything is working fine no issue. Also When can we expect a new update or maybe official tag?March 12, 2019 at 3:41 PM #75194
You cannot expect new builds in a periodic time or so because it all depends on the developer’s time and interest unlike an official Lineage os 16 build.
For an official update you can check the OFFICIAL Lineage OS 16 download page.
I am updating the page as per the support available from Lineage OS team.
? GCam APK | LineageOSMarch 12, 2019 at 3:43 PM #75195
Yes brother , I know I was just asking…September 24, 2019 at 3:09 PM #98999
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.