August 19, 2018 at 12:34 AM #44881GuestModerator
You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 4. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 4, with a step-by-step guide. This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer abhishek987.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to abhishek987 and LineageOS project:
– Donate to LineageOS project
– No donation link found for abhishek987DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 16 FOR Redmi Note 4, WHICH MAY HAVE BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE.
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on Redmi Note 4, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Redmi Note 4 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost EverythingKNOWN ISSUES:
– Hardware Encryption
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Redmi Note 4:
- TWRP for Redmi Note 4 (mido) for this Redmi Note 4 LineageOS 16 ROM
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Redmi Note 4 unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- ROM download link for for Redmi Note 4 LineageOS 16
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 or Open GApps for LineageOS 16
- LineageOS 16 Root guide
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Redmi Note 4 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Redmi Note 4 LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 4
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 4 from a previous build of LineageOS 16 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 4 for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the Redmi Note 4 LineageOS 16 ROM and Android Pie GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 4.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
– Installing TWRP recovery requires an unlocked bootloader on Redmi Note 4
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 4
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 4.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 4 (mido):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 4.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 4, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 4.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 4, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 4, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 4.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 4 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16
– GCam for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi Note 4 (mido) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKAugust 29, 2018 at 3:23 PM #47280
Only for mido? Will Nikel get one in the future?October 24, 2018 at 10:13 AM #57498Devesh KunduMember
When I restart after installing the new Lineage 16 ROM on my MI note 4. I get a message stating my name and to type in the password. Before I do that the system automatically restarts in a few seconds, twice I was successful in typing the password really quickly and I was able to see a message that my password is correct but my data is corrupted. I think I also wiped out the “Vendor” data from my phone. Is the problem because of that? What should I do?November 21, 2018 at 2:27 PM #60853Lin PeterMember
U need format /data to Decrypt /data partition.
Use TWRPJanuary 5, 2019 at 8:40 PM #65856ZarThamMember
Tried to install it on my redmi note 4, once it reboots into system I get Pixel Setup stopped working and Android services Stopped working.
Edit: nvm, working nowFebruary 4, 2019 at 4:35 PM #71935sibaKeymasterFebruary 8, 2019 at 5:05 AM #72251ZarThamMember
@siba sorry for the late reply, I was using flashing OpenGApps I think I tried MindTheGapps and had the same issue, went with BitGApps and everything is working fine.
Edit: Corrections.September 24, 2019 at 2:40 PM #98927
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.