August 19, 2018 at 12:34 AM #44881GuestModerator
You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 4. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 4, with a step-by-step guide. This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer abhishek987.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to abhishek987 and LineageOS project:
– Donate to LineageOS project
– No donation link found for abhishek987
Status of the Redmi Note 4 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost EverythingKNOWN ISSUES:
– Hardware Encryption
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Redmi Note 4:
- TWRP for Redmi Note 4 (mido) for this Redmi Note 4 LineageOS 16 ROM
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Redmi Note 4 unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- ROM download link for for Redmi Note 4 LineageOS 16
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 or Open GApps for LineageOS 16
- LineageOS 16 Root guide
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Redmi Note 4 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 4 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the Redmi Note 4 LineageOS 16 ROM and Android Pie GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 4.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 4
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 4.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 4 (mido):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 4, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 4.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 4, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 4, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 4.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 4 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16
– GCam for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi Note 4 (mido) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKAugust 29, 2018 at 3:23 PM #47280
Only for mido? Will Nikel get one in the future?October 24, 2018 at 10:13 AM #57498Devesh KunduMember
When I restart after installing the new Lineage 16 ROM on my MI note 4. I get a message stating my name and to type in the password. Before I do that the system automatically restarts in a few seconds, twice I was successful in typing the password really quickly and I was able to see a message that my password is correct but my data is corrupted. I think I also wiped out the “Vendor” data from my phone. Is the problem because of that? What should I do?November 21, 2018 at 2:27 PM #60853Lin PeterMember
U need format /data to Decrypt /data partition.
Use TWRPJanuary 5, 2019 at 8:40 PM #65856ZarThamMember
Tried to install it on my redmi note 4, once it reboots into system I get Pixel Setup stopped working and Android services Stopped working.
Edit: nvm, working nowFebruary 4, 2019 at 4:35 PM #71935sibaKeymasterFebruary 8, 2019 at 5:05 AM #72251ZarThamMember
@siba sorry for the late reply, I was using flashing OpenGApps I think I tried MindTheGapps and had the same issue, went with BitGApps and everything is working fine.
Edit: Corrections.September 24, 2019 at 2:40 PM #98927
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.