- September 10, 2018 at 1:31 AM #48902
Good news. You can now download and install Lineage OS 16 for Redmi Note 3. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 3, with a step-by-step guide. This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer Carlos Arriaga.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LINEAGE OS 16 FOR Redmi Note 3, WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE.
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on Redmi Note 3, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Redmi Note 3 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LINEAGE OS 16 ON Redmi Note 3:
- Required firmware version to flash this ROM: MIUI 8.8.30 Global dev
- TWRP for Redmi Note 3 (kenzo) for this Redmi Note 3 LineageOS 16 ROM
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Redmi Note 3 unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- ROM download link for Redmi Note 3 Lineage OS 16
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 / GApps for Lineage OS 16
- LineageOS 16 Root
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Redmi Note 3 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Redmi Note 3 LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of Lineage OS 16 on Redmi Note 3
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 3 from a previous build of Lineage OS 16 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 3 for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the Redmi Note 3 LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Lineage OS 16 on Redmi Note 3.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the how to install twrp Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
– Installing TWRP recovery requires an unlocked bootloader on Redmi Note 3
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 3
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then install the MindTheGapps for Lineage OS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 3.
Upgrading from earlier version of Lineage OS 16 on Redmi Note 3 (kenzo):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Redmi Note 3, Lineage OS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the Lineage OS 16 for Redmi Note 3.
– Here is a post explaining how to install Lineage OS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 3, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the Lineage OS 16 on Redmi Note 3, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on Lineage OS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 3.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Redmi Note 3.
After installing Lineage OS 16 on Redmi Note 3 you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– Lineage OS 16 ROOT.
If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi Note 3 (kenzo) Lineage OS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.October 24, 2018 at 10:24 AM #57502
I LInkOctober 24, 2018 at 10:26 AM #57503
Redmi Note 3下载Lineage OS 16November 14, 2018 at 3:13 PM #60108
Hello, I installed Lineage Os 16. I think that is a good rom but I have 2 questions.
Can I uninstall the google bar ( I don´t use it and I uninstall google apk ) without changing the launcher?
How do I hide the numbers on aosp teclast?
ThanksJanuary 2, 2019 at 9:18 AM #65433
Where’s the link ?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.