August 18, 2018 at 9:13 PM #44821GuestModerator
You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Redmi 5A. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Redmi 5A, with a step-by-step guide. This Redmi 5A LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer sunnyraj84348.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to sunnyraj84348 and LineageOS project:
– Donate to LineageOS project
– No donation link found for sunnyraj84348
Status of the Redmi 5A LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost EverythingKNOWN ISSUES:
– IR Blaster
– Hardware Encryption
– To Enable MTP go to developer option and set default usb configuration to file transfer
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Redmi 5A:
- TWRP for Redmi 5A (riva) for this Redmi 5A LineageOS 16 ROM
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Redmi 5A unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- TREBLE enabler download link for Redmi 5A LineageOS 16
- ROM download link for for Redmi 5A LineageOS 16
- Other Fixes download link for Redmi 5A LineageOS 16
- Front Camera Fix download link for Redmi 5A LineageOS 16
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 or Open GApps for LineageOS 16
- How to ROOT LineageOS 16
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Redmi 5A – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Redmi 5A for the first time:
- Download and Copy the Treble enabler, Redmi 5A LineageOS 16 ROM, All files from Other fixes download link, front camera fix and Android Pie GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Redmi 5A.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- First Flash the the Redmi 5A Treble enabler zip file
- Then flash the LineageOS 16 for Redmi 5A
- Then flash the POST-sGSI_1, POST-sGSI_2, POST-sGSI_3 zip files using TWRP
- Then flash the LagFIX
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot to system using the TWRP. Once the phone is booted, reboot again to recovery
- This time you flash the VoLTE fix if you are using VoLTE.
- Flash the bt.zip file to prevent setting reset after each reboot
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Redmi 5A.
- If the front camera does not work, then flash the Front camera fix.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Redmi 5A (riva):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Redmi 5A, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Redmi 5A.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Redmi 5A, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Redmi 5A, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Redmi 5A.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Redmi 5A you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16
– GCam for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi 5A (riva) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKDecember 7, 2018 at 5:12 PM #62474Damian KitaigrodskyMember
Didn’t work for me.
Instructions of upgrade from previous version sent me to fastboot menu only. Instructions for install 16 version from fresh: POST-sGSI_1_v0.14.zip made an error when flashing and system won’t boot.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.