- August 29, 2018 at 2:57 AM #47194
Good news. You can now download and install Lineage OS 16 for Pixel 2 XL. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Pixel 2 XL, with a step-by-step guide. This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer Draymond1987.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to Draymond1987 and Lineage OS project:
– No donation link found for Draymond1987
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LINEAGE OS 16 FOR Pixel 2 XL, WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE.
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on Pixel 2 XL, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Pixel 2 XL LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Phone is not the default app to take calls after installing GApps. Make sure to set Phone as default to be able to take calls.
– Now playing does not work on lock screen
– At device setup, adding an account does not work. So go back to wifi and skip to continueKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LINEAGE OS 16 ON Pixel 2 XL:
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Pixel 2 XL – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Pixel 2 XL LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of Lineage OS 16 on Pixel 2 XL
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on Pixel 2 XL from a previous build of Lineage OS 16 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Pixel 2 XL for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the Pixel 2 XL LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Lineage OS 16 on Pixel 2 XL.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
– Installing TWRP recovery requires an unlocked bootloader on Pixel 2 XL
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Pixel 2 XL
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then install the MindTheGapps for Lineage OS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Pixel 2 XL.
Upgrading from earlier version of Lineage OS 16 on Pixel 2 XL (taimen):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Pixel 2 XL, Lineage OS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the Lineage OS 16 for Pixel 2 XL.
– Here is a post explaining how to install Lineage OS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Pixel 2 XL, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the Lineage OS 16 on Pixel 2 XL, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on Lineage OS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Pixel 2 XL.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Pixel 2 XL.
After installing Lineage OS 16 on Pixel 2 XL you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– Lineage OS 16 ROOT.
If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Pixel 2 XL (taimen) Lineage OS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.