August 29, 2018 at 2:57 AM #47194GuestModerator
Good news. You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Pixel 2 XL. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Pixel 2 XL, with a step-by-step guide. This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer Draymond1987.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to Draymond1987 and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for Draymond1987
– Donate to LineageOS project
Status of the Pixel 2 XL LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Phone is not the default app to take calls after installing GApps. Make sure to set Phone as default to be able to take calls.
– Now playing does not work on lock screen
– At device setup, adding an account does not work. So go back to wifi and skip to continueKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Pixel 2 XL:
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Pixel 2 XL – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Pixel 2 XL for the first time:
- Download and Copy the Pixel 2 XL LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Pixel 2 XL.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Pixel 2 XL
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Pixel 2 XL.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Pixel 2 XL (taimen):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Pixel 2 XL, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Pixel 2 XL.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Pixel 2 XL, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Pixel 2 XL, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Pixel 2 XL.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Pixel 2 XL you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Pixel 2 XL (taimen) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.