- September 11, 2018 at 7:14 AM #49066shibaa987Participant
Good news. You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Nexus 5. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Nexus 5, with a step-by-step guide. This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer Prashanth and another build is by Krizthian.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to Prashanth, Krizthian and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for Prashanth and Krizthian
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 16 FOR Nexus 5, WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE.
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on Nexus 5, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Nexus 5 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Nexus 5:
- TWRP for Nexus 5 (hammerhead) for this Nexus 5 LineageOS 16 ROM
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Nexus 5 unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- ROM download link for Nexus 5 LineageOS 16 by Krizthian
- ROM download link for Nexus 5 LineageOS 16 by Prashanth
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 / GApps for LineageOS 16
- How to root LineageOS 16
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Nexus 5 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Nexus 5 LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 16 on Nexus 5
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on Nexus 5 from a previous build of LineageOS 16 ROM
To Install LineageOS 16 on Nexus 5 for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the Nexus 5 LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Nexus 5.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the how to install twrp Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
– Installing TWRP recovery requires an unlocked bootloader on Nexus 5
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Nexus 5
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Nexus 5.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Nexus 5 (hammerhead):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Nexus 5, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Nexus 5.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Nexus 5, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Nexus 5, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Nexus 5.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Nexus 5.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Nexus 5 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16
– GCam APK for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)
If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Nexus 5 (hammerhead) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
Attachments:December 30, 2018 at 5:26 PM #64928pierreMember
Thank you Shibaa,
I had one issue following your instruction : due to the links the chronological order wasn’t clear to me. You could add main steps at the beginning. Main point was to copy zip files after wipe but before install.
Another issue I had was a bootloop on TWRP. Solved by pressing down+on and choosing ‘Recovery mode’.
Last issue I have is WiFi not working. In parameters when I push WiFi to on it go back to off after a few seconds. I’ve got a hammerhead D821(E) 16GB rev_11.
RegardsMarch 15, 2019 at 12:25 PM #75521SeyedParticipant
wifi & speaker doesn’t work.
Is there anything i can do?March 19, 2019 at 3:18 PM #76027sibaKeymaster
If you want you can try the AOSP Pie ROM build for Nexus 5.
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262904024204April 1, 2019 at 6:20 PM #77613Manuel CalaveraParticipant
is this project still alive and kicking?
Just asking because the build is 7 month old and I’m looking around for a ROM that can replace my lineage 14 official that is now no more supported
B-)April 1, 2019 at 6:29 PM #77614PJK2011Participant
I moved to Unlegacy Android Pie.April 3, 2019 at 12:06 PM #77723sibaKeymaster
If you are expecting to use this Lineage OS 16 ROM build as a daily driver, then I would not recommend to use this because there are many thing that does not work.
Instead, I recommend to install the Lineage OS 15.1 build.
– Here is the Lineage OS 15.1 for Nexus 5
It’s is true that Lineage OS 14.1 support has been dropped. I think upgrading to Lineage OS 15.1 one option if you really want to update.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.