- September 11, 2018 at 7:14 AM #49066
Good news. You can now download and install Lineage OS 16 for Nexus 5. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Nexus 5, with a step-by-step guide. This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer Prashanth.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to Prashanth and Lineage OS project:
– No donation link found for Prashanth
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LINEAGE OS 16 FOR Nexus 5, WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE.
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on Nexus 5, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Nexus 5 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LINEAGE OS 16 ON Nexus 5:
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Nexus 5 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Nexus 5 LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of Lineage OS 16 on Nexus 5
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on Nexus 5 from a previous build of Lineage OS 16 ROM
To Install LineageOS 16 on Nexus 5 for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the Nexus 5 LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Lineage OS 16 on Nexus 5.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the how to install twrp Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
– Installing TWRP recovery requires an unlocked bootloader on Nexus 5
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Nexus 5
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then install the MindTheGapps for Lineage OS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Nexus 5.
Upgrading from earlier version of Lineage OS 16 on Nexus 5 (hammerhead):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Nexus 5, Lineage OS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the Lineage OS 16 for Nexus 5.
– Here is a post explaining how to install Lineage OS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Nexus 5, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the Lineage OS 16 on Nexus 5, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on Lineage OS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Nexus 5.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Nexus 5.
After installing Lineage OS 16 on Nexus 5 you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– Lineage OS 16 ROOT.
If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Nexus 5 (hammerhead) Lineage OS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.December 30, 2018 at 5:26 PM #64928
Thank you Shibaa,
I had one issue following your instruction : due to the links the chronological order wasn’t clear to me. You could add main steps at the beginning. Main point was to copy zip files after wipe but before install.
Another issue I had was a bootloop on TWRP. Solved by pressing down+on and choosing ‘Recovery mode’.
Last issue I have is WiFi not working. In parameters when I push WiFi to on it go back to off after a few seconds. I’ve got a hammerhead D821(E) 16GB rev_11.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.