February 5, 2019 at 8:21 AM #71987CyanogenMod DevKeymaster
LineageOS 16 for Mi 8 Lite is now available to download and install, which is based on Android Pie 9.0 version. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Mi 8 Lite, with a step-by-step guide.
This LineageOS 16 build for Mi 8 Lite is brought to you by developer nysadev.
[h2]DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:[/h2]
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to nysadev and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for nysadev
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL BETA BUILD OF LineageOS 16 FOR Mi 8 Lite, WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE AND MIND THAT YOU ARE FLASHING AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on Mi 8 Lite, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
[h3]Status of the Mi 8 Lite LineageOS 16 ROM:[/h3]
[h2]REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Mi 8 Lite:[/h2]
[h2]HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Mi 8 Lite – Android 9.0 Pie CUSTOM ROM:[/h2]
Following are the two sub-sections of this Mi 8 Lite LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 16 on Mi 8 Lite
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on Mi 8 Lite from a previous build of LineageOS 16 ROM
[h3]To Install LineageOS 16 on Mi 8 Lite for the first time:[/h3]
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the Mi 8 Lite LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Mi 8 Lite.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the how to install twrp Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
– Installing TWRP recovery requires an unlocked bootloader on Mi 8 Lite
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Mi 8 Lite
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9.0 Pie LineageOS 16 on Mi 8 Lite.
[h3]Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Mi 8 Lite (platina):[/h3]
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9.0 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Mi 8 Lite.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Mi 8 Lite, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Mi 8 Lite.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Mi 8 Lite, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Mi 8 Lite, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Mi 8 Lite.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Mi 8 Lite you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– Google Camera for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi 8 Lite (platina) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.