October 16, 2018 at 11:30 AM #56129
Good news. You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for LG G3. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on LG G3, with a step-by-step guide. This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer HardStyl3r.
[h3]Status of the LG G3 LineageOS 16 ROM:[/h3]
– Everything except listed below[/color]
– NFC Disabled[/color]
[h2]REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON LG G3:[/h2]
[h2]HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON LG G3 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:[/h2]
[h3]To Install LineageOS 16 on LG G3 for the first time:[/h3]
- Download and Copy the LG G3 LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on LG G3.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for LG G3
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on LG G3.
[h3]Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on LG G3 (d855):[/h3]
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for LG G3, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for LG G3.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on LG G3, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on LG G3, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on LG G3.
After installing LineageOS 16 on LG G3 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16
– Google Camera for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the LG G3 (d855) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APKNovember 20, 2018 at 9:53 AM #60720fillowMember
Hello First of all, I want to thank to CYANOGENMOD your work.
Today, there isn’t ROOT method for LineageOS 16 for LG G3, because there isn’t “addonSU” for Lineage OS 16. (Kingroot neither works on LG G3 android 9, only works in KitKat).
I had to flash LineageOS 15 and flash addonSU_15.1. RUNNING GOOD.
It is very good too. Thanks for the ROMs!!February 24, 2019 at 4:14 AM #73743VladMataoanParticipant
Would this rom work on the lg g4?March 4, 2019 at 5:21 PM #74603March 7, 2019 at 6:35 PM #74857March 12, 2019 at 4:48 PM #75211
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.