October 11, 2018 at 5:27 PM #55442Sibananda SahuKeymaster
Good news. You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Le Max 2. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Le Max 2, with a step-by-step guide. This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer ThE_MarD.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to ThE_MarD and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for ThE_MarD
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF LineageOS 16 FOR Le Max 2, WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE.
FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.Installing a custom ROM may require an unlock bootloader on Le Max 2, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of the Le Max 2 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Everything except listed belowKNOWN ISSUES:
– SELinux is in permissive mode
– Fingerprint problems
Supported devices for this Le Max 2 LineageOS 16 ROM build:
– LEX720 (x2_CN)
– LEX722 (ZL0_CN)
– LEX727 (x2_NA)
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Le Max 2:
- Your Le Max 2 need to have the latest firmware version
- TWRP for Le Max 2 (x2) for this Le Max 2 LineageOS 16 ROM
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Le Max 2 unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- ROM download link for Le Max 2 LineageOS 16
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 / GApps for LineageOS 16
- How to root LineageOS 16
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Le Max 2 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Le Max 2 LineageOS 16 guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 16 on Le Max 2
- Upgrading LineageOS 16 on Le Max 2 from a previous build of LineageOS 16 ROM
To Install LineageOS 16 on Le Max 2 for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the Le Max 2 LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Le Max 2.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow the how to install twrp Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
– Installing TWRP recovery requires an unlocked bootloader on Le Max 2
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Le Max 2
– Here is a post explaining how to install recovery flashable zip file
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Le Max 2.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Le Max 2 (x2):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Le Max 2.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Le Max 2, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Le Max 2.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Le Max 2, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Le Max 2, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Le Max 2.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Le Max 2 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16
– Google Camera for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Le Max 2 (x2) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOSOctober 23, 2018 at 7:23 PM #57428Vineet SainiMember
Is le x2 821 , 820 are supported.October 28, 2018 at 12:36 PM #57971
Thank you for your work, but Does this rom support the Le Max 2 x820 ? ?November 3, 2018 at 1:02 PM #58863
this ROM is not for our devicesNovember 3, 2018 at 1:05 PM #58865
Le max2 is LEX821November 3, 2018 at 1:10 PM #58866
Mine is: LeEco Le Max 2 x820 :)November 3, 2018 at 1:13 PM #58867
LEX720, LEX722, LEX727 –
these are variations of another model LeEco Le Pro 3November 14, 2018 at 4:16 PM #60129
I still do not know if the Le Max 2 x820 is supported ?
Vineet Saini says yesFebruary 4, 2019 at 4:28 PM #71933
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.