August 29, 2018 at 2:38 AM #47190GuestModerator
Good news. You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Huawei Mate 9. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Huawei Mate 9, with a step-by-step guide. This LineageOS 16 build is brought to you by developer micky387.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Status of the Huawei Mate 9 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Huawei Mate 9:
- TWRP for Huawei Mate 9 (hi3660) for this Huawei Mate 9 LineageOS 16 ROM
- How to install TWRP recovery
- Huawei Mate 9 unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- ROM download link for Huawei Mate 9 LineageOS 16 [UPDATED TO LATEST BUILD]
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16 / GApps for LineageOS 16
- How to root LineageOS 16
HOW TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL LineageOS 16 ON Huawei Mate 9 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Huawei Mate 9 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the Huawei Mate 9 LineageOS 16 ROM and GApps ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 on Huawei Mate 9.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- First flash the LineageOS 16 for Huawei Mate 9
- Then install the MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 9 Pie LineageOS 16 on Huawei Mate 9.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 16 on Huawei Mate 9 (hi3660):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Huawei Mate 9, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.- Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 for Huawei Mate 9.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Huawei Mate 9, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Huawei Mate 9, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 on Huawei Mate 9.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Huawei Mate 9 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16
– GCam Download for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Huawei Mate 9 (hi3660) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKOctober 4, 2018 at 11:23 AM #54221tal hakmonMember
can’t install this package …
keep getting “This package is for device mha,hi3660 this device is .”December 1, 2018 at 12:38 AM #61710OriginCodeMember
Does it support any other hi3600 devices?December 1, 2018 at 10:41 PM #61873Mod APKKeymaster
The issue seems to be with the TWRP that you are using.
Can you try installing the TWRP from the below link and let me know if that allows you to install the LineageOS 16 ROM on Mate 9?
? <a href="https://www.cyanogenmods.org/google-camera/">GCam APK</a> | <a href="https://www.cyanogenmods.org/">Mod APK</a>
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.