February 26, 2019 at 5:35 PM #73942sibaKeymaster
The good news is that, you can now download and install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S9 Plus Exynos variant. This post guides you how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S9 Plus, with a step-by-step guide. This build of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S9 Plus is brought to you by developer Rainbow_Dash.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Status of Galaxy S9 Plus LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Everything except listed belowKNOWN ISSUES:
– The signalbar always shows 0 bars, but this has no impact on call quality or data
– HWC is currently disabled
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Galaxy S9 Plus LineageOS 16 ANDROID 9 PIE ROM:[styledlist style=”yes”]
- TWRP for Galaxy S9 Plus (star2lte) to install LineageOS 16 ROM
- Install TWRP recovery using ODIN
- ROM Download link of Galaxy S9 Plus LineageOS 16 ROM [LATEST build on 16th Feb, 2019]
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16
- How to Root LineageOS 16
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 16 FOR Galaxy S9 Plus – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S9 Plus for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Galaxy S9 Plus LineageOS 16 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S9 Plus.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- Install the Galaxy S9 Plus LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Galaxy S9 Plus LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie ROM.
Upgrading a new version of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S9 Plus (star2lte):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S9 Plus, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 ROM for Galaxy S9 Plus.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S9 Plus, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S9 Plus, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S9 Plus.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S9 Plus you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– GCam for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S9 Plus (star2lte) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APKMay 22, 2019 at 2:05 AM #86685Grégoire FAVREParticipant
Tremendous new : thank you very much !
Does ant+ works with this version ?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.