- April 1, 2019 at 11:10 AM #77503Sibananda SahuKeymaster
The good news is that LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S6 Edge is now available to download and install. This build of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S6 Edge is brought to you by developer enesuzun2002.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Searching where to download LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S6 Edge?
Wondering how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S6 Edge?
If you have one of the question for your Galaxy S6 Edge, then you are at the right place and here is where to download and how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S6 Edge, with a step-by-step guide.DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF Galaxy S6 Edge LineageOS 16 WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL OR EVEN IF IT BOOTS, IT MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP THE CURRENT ROM AND ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE BEFORE INSTALLING.Installing a TWRP recovery on Galaxy S6 Edge may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Galaxy S6 Edge LineageOS 16:WHAT’S WORKING:
– EverythingKNOWN ISSUES:
– IMS services
– Samsung features such as: KNOX, Samsung Pay etc.
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Galaxy S6 Edge LineageOS 16 ANDROID 9 PIE ROM:
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 16 FOR Galaxy S6 Edge – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this LineageOS 16 guide:
- Fresh installation of Galaxy S6 Edge LineageOS 16
- Updating a new Galaxy S6 Edge LineageOS 16 on top of previous LineageOS 16
How to Install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S6 Edge for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Galaxy S6 Edge LineageOS 16 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S6 Edge.– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow how to install TWRP on Samsung using ODIN (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Galaxy S6 Edge LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Galaxy S6 Edge LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie ROM.
Upgrading a new version of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S6 Edge (zeroltexx):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S6 Edge, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to install the LineageOS 16 update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S6 Edge.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S6 Edge, then install the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S6 Edge, then install the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S6 Edge.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S6 Edge you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– Google Camera for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S6 Edge (zeroltexx) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOSMay 2, 2019 at 12:39 AM #83824albenParticipant
I have t-mobile S-6 edge… I have updated to lineage-os 16 using unofficial 2019-04-01_1255. I have used OpenGapps mini and/or Mind the gaps… Almost everything works GREAT…Unfortunately mic’s and speaker is not working for incoming and outgoing phone calls… SMS and MMS work perfectly and called phones will connect but cannot receive any sound.
Help?May 3, 2019 at 2:09 AM #84089albenParticipant
Fixed my own problem…
Flashed a different PIE rom…NexusOS-9-zero-multitarget-2018-12-11_1637.zip
Works fine so far for phone calls, will check rest of features, but so far only the android setup repeating problem is there…. I forgot how to fix it… So I just disabled it.June 3, 2019 at 11:23 AM #91196Raulzinho787Participant
I have some problems about lineageOs 16 on my S6 edge : My Spotify Premium doesn’t download any music, just play music. Any app’s that use camera, have a big problem, all the programmes, first crash, and a need be patient for use that. Whatsapp camera, Instagram, any programme. help me. I hope as soon as possible.September 28, 2019 at 4:56 PM #99132alexander.kornelukParticipant
I cannot download Galaxy S6 Edge LineageOS 16. This link – ROM Download link – displays me that i must ask permissions to download data. I asked permissions. THen I received an email with info that the account is not found or doesn’t receive emails.
Error message: 550 5.2.1 The email account that you tried to reach is disabled. Google displays this account: [email protected]
Could you help me?
How i can download Galaxy S6 Edge LineageOS 16?
Thank you in advance for your help!January 4, 2020 at 8:34 PM #103518erhanfiratParticipant
Galaxy S6 Edge LineageOS 16 Rom zip file is not accessible. I am trying to download it for two days.
Is there a problem?January 5, 2020 at 6:53 PM #103521
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.