March 14, 2019 at 12:22 PM #75378sibaKeymaster
The good news is that, you can now download and install OFFICIAL LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Plus variant. This post guides you how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Plus, with a step-by-step guide.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Status of Galaxy S5 Plus LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Galaxy S5 Plus LineageOS 16 ANDROID 9 PIE ROM:
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 16 FOR Galaxy S5 Plus – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
How to Install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Plus for the first time:
- Make a backup of your important data (Optional but recommended)
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Galaxy S5 Plus LineageOS 16 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Plus.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- Install the Galaxy S5 Plus LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Galaxy S5 Plus LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie ROM.
Upgrading a new version of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Plus (kccat6):
- Download the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Plus, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or LineageOS 16 SU ROOT package to the phone
– TIP: You can download either from the link given on the above downloads section (or) you can download the file through In-built Updater App on LineageOS
- Boot into Recovery mode to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 ROM for Galaxy S5 Plus.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Plus, then flash the MindTheGApps for Android Pie or the Android Pie GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Plus, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 Plus.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 Plus you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– GCam for Android PieStay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S5 Plus (kccat6) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APKMarch 23, 2019 at 4:37 PM #76568lkmaurikParticipant
I’ve a lot issues with the camera. A lot of crashes when apss using the camera, but also when I use the gcam app. I installed another apk camera app, but still have the issues.
Any ideas? Something with hdr+??
Camera2probe gives the warning lagacy at the HW-specs.
Thanks in advance.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.