March 14, 2019 at 2:11 PM #75419sibaKeymaster
The good news is that, you can now download and install OFFICIAL LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 LTE-A variant. This post guides you how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 LTE-A, with a step-by-step guide.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
Status of Galaxy S5 LTE-A LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Galaxy S5 LTE-A LineageOS 16 ANDROID 9 PIE ROM:[styledlist style=”yes”]
- TWRP for Galaxy S5 LTE-A (lentislte) to install LineageOS 16 ROM
- Install TWRP recovery using ODIN
- ROM Download link of Galaxy S5 LTE-A LineageOS 16 ROM
- MindTheGApps Download for LineageOS 16
- LineageOS 16 Root guide
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 16 FOR Galaxy S5 LTE-A – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
How to Install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 LTE-A for the first time:
- Make a backup of your important data (Optional but recommended)
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Galaxy S5 LTE-A LineageOS 16 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 LTE-A.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- Install the Galaxy S5 LTE-A LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Galaxy S5 LTE-A LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie ROM.
Upgrading a new version of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 LTE-A (lentislte):
- Download the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 LTE-A, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or LineageOS 16 SU ROOT package to the phone
– TIP: You can download either from the link given on the above downloads section (or) you can download the file through In-built Updater App on LineageOS
- Boot into Recovery mode to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 ROM for Galaxy S5 LTE-A.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 LTE-A, then flash the MindTheGApps for Android Pie or the Android Pie GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 LTE-A, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S5 LTE-A.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S5 LTE-A you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– Google Camera for Android PieStay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S5 LTE-A (lentislte) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.