- September 13, 2018 at 2:47 AM #49528
Good news. You can now download and install Lineage OS 16 for Galaxy S4 Mini LTE. Here is how to install Lineage OS 16 on Galaxy S4 Mini LTE, with a step-by-step guide. This build of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S4 Mini LTE is brought to you by developer arco68 and another build is by DarkFrenzy.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF Galaxy S4 Mini LTE LINEAGE OS 16 WHICH MAY HAVE MINOR BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE BEFORE FLASHING.
Installing a TWRP recovery on Galaxy S4 Mini LTE may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Galaxy S4 Mini LTE LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Everything except listed belowKNOWN ISSUES:
– Screen Casting
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Galaxy S4 Mini LTE LINEAGE OS 16 ANDROID 9 PIE ROM:
- TWRP for Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (serranoltexx, i9195) to install LineageOS 16 ROM
- Install TWRP recovery using ODIN
- ROM Download link of Galaxy S4 Mini LTE Lineage OS 16 ROM by arco68
- ROM Download link of Galaxy S4 Mini LTE Lineage OS 16 ROM by DarkFrenzy
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16
- How to Root Lineage OS 16
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 16 FOR Galaxy S4 Mini LTE – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this Lineage OS 16 guide:
- Fresh installation of Galaxy S4 Mini LTE LineageOS 16 ROM
- Updating a new Galaxy S4 Mini LTE LineageOS 16 on top of previous Lineage OS 16 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S4 Mini LTE for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the Lineage OS 16 Gapps and the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE LineageOS 16 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this Lineage OS 16 for Galaxy S4 Mini LTE.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow how to install TWRP on Samsung using ODIN (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install Lineage OS
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for Lineage OS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie ROM.
Upgrading a new version of Lineage OS 16 for Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (serranoltexx, i9195):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S4 Mini LTE, Lineage OS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the Lineage OS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 ROM for Galaxy S4 Mini LTE.
– Here is a post explaining how to install Lineage OS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S4 Mini LTE, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S4 Mini LTE, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on Lineage OS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S4 Mini LTE.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with Lineage OS 16 on Galaxy S4 Mini LTE.
After installing Lineage S 16 on Galaxy S4 Mini LTE you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– Lineage OS 16 ROOT.
If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the Lineage OS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S4 Mini LTE (serranoltexx, i9195) Lineage OS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.September 27, 2018 at 3:03 AM #53000
Thanks for this. Much appreciated.
I’ve had a go at flashing this rom with the recommended TWRP and it says “Updater process ended with error 7” when I try to flash the zip. I have wiped the phone before doing this. Any idea what might be wrong. I have flashed S4 minis before.
Also the link to Mindthegapps doesn’t seem to work and I would very much like to use the recommended Gapps.November 10, 2018 at 2:14 PM #59794
I just install it on a old S4mini LTE and i succeed ! it works fine ! I have used your rom and the open gaps.
I don’t try yet screen casting.
Much thanks for your work and explanations.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.