- September 20, 2018 at 5:29 PM #51810shibaa987Moderator
You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S4 LTE-A. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S4 LTE-A, with a step-by-step guide. This build of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S4 LTE-A is brought to you by developer kyasu.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to kyasu and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for kyasu
– Donate to LineageOS project
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF Galaxy S4 LTE-A LineageOS 16 WHICH MAY HAVE MINOR BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE BEFORE FLASHING.Installing a TWRP recovery on Galaxy S4 LTE-A may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Galaxy S4 LTE-A LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Galaxy S4 LTE-A LineageOS 16 ANDROID 9 PIE ROM:
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 16 FOR Galaxy S4 LTE-A – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this LineageOS 16 guide:
- Fresh installation of Galaxy S4 LTE-A LineageOS 16 ROM
- Updating a new Galaxy S4 LTE-A LineageOS 16 on top of previous LineageOS 16 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S4 LTE-A for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Galaxy S4 LTE-A LineageOS 16 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S4 LTE-A.– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow how to install TWRP on Samsung using ODIN (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Galaxy S4 LTE-A LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Galaxy S4 LTE-A LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie ROM.
Upgrading a new version of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S4 LTE-A (ks01ltexx):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S4 LTE-A.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S4 LTE-A, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 ROM for Galaxy S4 LTE-A.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S4 LTE-A, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S4 LTE-A, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S4 LTE-A.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S4 LTE-A you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16
– GCam for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S4 LTE-A (ks01ltexx) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | LineageOSSeptember 27, 2018 at 3:52 PM #53148Lars CampradtMember
lineage 16 can not find sim card on my s4 I9506.
Hope you can find a solution!
LarsAugust 27, 2019 at 4:28 PM #95910loco_latino14Participant
Hello, was wondering if you could help with rooting process of my s4 gti9506.
I followed steps regarding this process, bearing in mind it’s armv7l so installing the su-addon 32-bit. I also did the 2nd method as well, but nothing seems to be working.
Please respond as soon as possible.
Thank you for taking the time to help.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.