October 5, 2018 at 6:15 PM #54439GuestModerator
You can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S2. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S2, with a step-by-step guide. This build of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S2 is brought to you by developer rINanDO.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to rINanDO and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for rINanDO
– Donate to LineageOS project
Status of Galaxy S2 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Very minimumKNOWN ISSUES:
– V-sync not working properly
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Galaxy S2 LineageOS 16 ANDROID 9 PIE ROM:[styledlist style=”yes”]
- Lanchon’s REPIT to re-partition system partition size on Galaxy S2
- 1GB System 4GB Data re-partitioning zip for Galaxy S2
- TWRP recovery for Galaxy S2 (i9100) to install LineageOS 16 ROM
- Install TWRP recovery using ODIN
- ROM Download link of Galaxy S2 LineageOS 16 ROM [BUILT ON 13th JAN]
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16
- How to Root LineageOS 16
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 16 FOR Galaxy S2 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S2 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Galaxy S2 LineageOS 16 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S2.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- Install the Galaxy S2 LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Galaxy S2 LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie ROM.
Upgrading a new version of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S2 (i9100):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S2, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 ROM for Galaxy S2.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S2, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S2, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S2.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy S2 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– How to ROOT LineageOS 16
– GCam APK for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S2 (i9100) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.