- March 25, 2019 at 4:07 PM #76870Sibananda SahuKeymaster
The good news is that, you can now download and install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE variant. This post guides you how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE, with a step-by-step guide. This build of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE is brought to you by developer Valera1978.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to Valera1978 and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for Valera1978
– Donate to LineageOS projectDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE LineageOS 16 WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL OR EVEN IF IT BOOTS, IT MAY HAVE MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP THE CURRENT ROM AND ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE BEFORE INSTALLING.Installing a TWRP recovery on Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everything except listed belowKNOWN ISSUES:
– Screen rotation is buggy
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE LineageOS 16 ANDROID 9 PIE ROM:
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 16 FOR Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this LineageOS 16 guide:
- Fresh installation of Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE LineageOS 16 ROM
- Updating a new Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE LineageOS 16 on top of previous LineageOS 16 ROM
How to Install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE LineageOS 16 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 for Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE.– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow how to install TWRP on Samsung using ODIN (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie ROM.
Upgrading a new version of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE (viennaltexx, SM-P905):
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE.
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to install the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 ROM for Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE.– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE, then install the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE, then install the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 for Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– GCam for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE (viennaltexx, SM-P905) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOSSeptember 11, 2019 at 9:19 PM #96724swajsofaParticipant
First of all, thanks a ton for all of this hard work! I love my 12.2, but it was so limited by the lack of support for the OS. I recently installed the most-recent link here for LOS 16, and it tends to work very well. I do have a few issues I’d like to report/seek solutions for:
1.) the Bluetooth app tends to become unstable over time for some reason. I’ve reset it several times as described elsewhere in the forums, but it always returns to randomly starting/stopping. I’ve had the settings app stop working as well several times when trying to reset the bluetooth/wifi settings.
Since I use both a bluetooth keyboard and ear buds, the lack of consistent connectivity is an issue. I have found, though, that if I connect the ear buds and just keep them doing something (like playing spotify all the time even if I’m not listening to them), the bluetooth app stabilizes and stays connected.
2.) the volume both for media playback and phone calls is extremely low. I’ve tried to address that via some other solutions I’ve found in the forums, but they haven’t been substantially useful.
3.) I had an extended incident yesterday where the unit unexpectedly crashed while I was in the middle of doing what I’d been doing for about an hour and repeated to crash every time it rebooted. Battery was roughly 40% at the time. I stopped trying to boot after a while and let it charge more. Eventually, I rebooted and it stayed on for a few seconds before becoming unstable again and crashing. I went through this crash/reboot cycle for a while w/ it becoming progressively more stable until it eventually notified me that the AVG anti-virus app I’ve installed wasn’t operating correctly. I closed the app, and the system started working stably again. The app eventually restarted on its own and I haven’t had issues since. I’ll note I experienced similar incidents using the stock ROM, so perhaps my system has a more-fundamental issue.
Anyway, I thought I’d pass along this feedback and again thank you for all of this work. It’s completely resurrected my machine! Thanks in advance for any responses.October 8, 2019 at 1:01 PM #99555jvalterenParticipant
Thanks for this work! The lack of OS upgrades for the Note Pro 12.2 is very sad, because it’s still a very usable tablet.
I’ve run into the issue that I can’t install an important app, because the stock Android version is too low. I’m looking to upgrade to LineageOS, but also need the device to be as stable as it can be.
I’ve seen the most active version is 15.1 Unofficial 20180708. Any feedback on how version 16 compares with version 15.1 in terms of stability?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.