March 25, 2019 at 4:07 PM #76870Mod APKKeymaster
The good news is that, you can now download and install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE variant. This post guides you how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE, with a step-by-step guide. This build of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE is brought to you by developer Valera1978.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to Valera1978 and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for Valera1978
– Donate to LineageOS project
Status of Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everything except listed belowKNOWN ISSUES:
– Screen rotation is buggy
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE LineageOS 16 ANDROID 9 PIE ROM:[styledlist style=”yes”]
- TWRP for Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE (viennaltexx, SM-P905) to install LineageOS 16 ROM
- Install TWRP recovery using ODIN
- ROM Download link of Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE LineageOS 16 ROM
- Download MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16
- How to Root LineageOS 16
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 16 FOR Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
How to Install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE LineageOS 16 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 for Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- Install the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie ROM.
Upgrading a new version of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE (viennaltexx, SM-P905):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to install the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 ROM for Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE, then install the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE, then install the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 for Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– GCam for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE (viennaltexx, SM-P905) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? <a href="https://www.cyanogenmods.org/google-camera/">GCam APK</a> | <a href="https://www.cyanogenmods.org/">Mod APK</a>September 11, 2019 at 9:19 PM #96724swajsofaParticipant
First of all, thanks a ton for all of this hard work! I love my 12.2, but it was so limited by the lack of support for the OS. I recently installed the most-recent link here for LOS 16, and it tends to work very well. I do have a few issues I’d like to report/seek solutions for:
1.) the Bluetooth app tends to become unstable over time for some reason. I’ve reset it several times as described elsewhere in the forums, but it always returns to randomly starting/stopping. I’ve had the settings app stop working as well several times when trying to reset the bluetooth/wifi settings.
Since I use both a bluetooth keyboard and ear buds, the lack of consistent connectivity is an issue. I have found, though, that if I connect the ear buds and just keep them doing something (like playing spotify all the time even if I’m not listening to them), the bluetooth app stabilizes and stays connected.
2.) the volume both for media playback and phone calls is extremely low. I’ve tried to address that via some other solutions I’ve found in the forums, but they haven’t been substantially useful.
3.) I had an extended incident yesterday where the unit unexpectedly crashed while I was in the middle of doing what I’d been doing for about an hour and repeated to crash every time it rebooted. Battery was roughly 40% at the time. I stopped trying to boot after a while and let it charge more. Eventually, I rebooted and it stayed on for a few seconds before becoming unstable again and crashing. I went through this crash/reboot cycle for a while w/ it becoming progressively more stable until it eventually notified me that the AVG anti-virus app I’ve installed wasn’t operating correctly. I closed the app, and the system started working stably again. The app eventually restarted on its own and I haven’t had issues since. I’ll note I experienced similar incidents using the stock ROM, so perhaps my system has a more-fundamental issue.
Anyway, I thought I’d pass along this feedback and again thank you for all of this work. It’s completely resurrected my machine! Thanks in advance for any responses.October 8, 2019 at 1:01 PM #99555jvalterenParticipant
Thanks for this work! The lack of OS upgrades for the Note Pro 12.2 is very sad, because it’s still a very usable tablet.
I’ve run into the issue that I can’t install an important app, because the stock Android version is too low. I’m looking to upgrade to LineageOS, but also need the device to be as stable as it can be.
I’ve seen the most active version is 15.1 Unofficial 20180708. Any feedback on how version 16 compares with version 15.1 in terms of stability?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.