- August 27, 2018 at 6:45 AM #46538shibaa987Participant
The good news is that, you can now download and install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy NOTE 3. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy NOTE 3, with a step-by-step guide. This build of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy NOTE 3 is brought to you by developer Jprimero15.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF Galaxy NOTE 3 LineageOS 16 WHICH MAY HAVE MINOR BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP ALL DATA OF YOUR PHONE BEFORE FLASHING.
Installing a TWRP recovery on Galaxy NOTE 3 may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Galaxy NOTE 3 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Galaxy NOTE 3 LineageOS 16 ANDROID 9 PIE ROM:
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 16 FOR Galaxy NOTE 3 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Following are the two sub-sections of this LineageOS 16 guide:
- Fresh installation of Galaxy NOTE 3 LineageOS 16 ROM
- Updating a new Galaxy NOTE 3 LineageOS 16 on top of previous LineageOS 16 ROM
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy NOTE 3 for the first time:
Points to NOTE:
- Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
- Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
- It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Galaxy NOTE 3 LineageOS 16 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 for Galaxy NOTE 3.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
– If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow how to install TWRP on Samsung using ODIN (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as any other recovery)
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- Install the Galaxy NOTE 3 LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Galaxy NOTE 3 LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie ROM.
Upgrading a new version of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy NOTE 3 (hlte):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy NOTE 3, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 ROM for Galaxy NOTE 3.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy NOTE 3, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy NOTE 3, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 16 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 for Galaxy NOTE 3.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 9 Pie with LineageOS 16 on Galaxy NOTE 3.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy NOTE 3 you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT.
If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy NOTE 3 (hlte) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
Attachments:September 4, 2018 at 2:47 PM #48238Pt ssyMember
link not working only in hlte when i try in hltechn its working please fix it if its ok thank you very much specially to jprimero im using your havoc os at the moment THANK YOUSeptember 6, 2018 at 9:32 AM #48595shibaa987ParticipantSeptember 6, 2018 at 2:04 PM #48632ИгорьMember
Hello. I can not find a forum where your ROM Lineage OS 16 for is discussed. Could you post a link?September 9, 2018 at 11:52 PM #48891sidiousMember
Hello Sir,i have 4 time flash this rom for my n9005 note 3.The major problem is,the sim card not detect and imei not show.pls help me how to fix this problem.Tq devolperJanuary 14, 2019 at 5:06 AM #66887Arash FeizParticipant
Hi, Could you please add the Official LineageOS 14.1, 15.1 or 16 for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SCL22 Japan? (AU KDDI)
My Android Version is too old. And unfortunately, you have never had any LineageOS Version for my phone.February 3, 2019 at 5:58 AM #71731Patryk ChojnackiMember
Just installed 16.0 on my SM-N9005
– accidentally deleted EFS partition, but succeed at restoring my IMEI
– Pixel Launcher doesn’t work properly (it doesn’t even launch, keeps crashing)
– NFC icon is blank (blank white while turned off, blank colour while turned on)
– Extreme Battery Saving doesn’t work at all “unavailable” (but efficiency slider works well)
– Screen – Style – Only one Colour Available, dark-mode crashes “settings app”.
– Trust doesn’t seem to recognise if device is rooted or not – i rooted my L-OS16 using Super Su, but Trust keeps saying that root access is unavailable.
– WiFi – it runs only 2.4 GHz networks, mine 5GHz router became invisible for L-OS16 (network is still working as i’m writing this post using my PC connected to it)
– S-Pen function doesn’t work – Pen is operatable as cursour/mouse, but buttons doesn’t work.
I didn’t notice any other major bugs, everythings works fine.
Please, @me if you fix any of those, i’d be really glad <3June 29, 2019 at 11:12 PM #firstname.lastname@example.orgParticipant
The Bluetooth connection doesn’t work when you connect the device with a car..
If you need to speak with the mobile phone driving, you couldn’t use the hands set free.
That’s the same 15th Lineage OS problemSeptember 24, 2019 at 2:36 PM #98921
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.