February 13, 2019 at 6:47 PM #72656sibaKeymaster
The good news is that, you can now download and install LineageOS 16 for Galaxy A7 2017. Here is how to install LineageOS 16 on Galaxy A7 2017 and update it to Android Pie with a step-by-step guide.
This build of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy A7 2017 is brought to you by developer Option58.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to Option58 and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for Option58
– Donate to LineageOS project
Status of Galaxy A7 2017 LineageOS 16 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everything except listed belowKNOWN ISSUES:
– Hardware composer is disabled for now
– Capacitive keys and dt2w are still active in AOD regardless of turned off or on
– Some users are complaining about battery drain
– Selinux is in permissive mode
REQUIRED GUIDES AND DOWNLOADS TO INSTALL Galaxy A7 2017 ON LineageOS 16 ANDROID 9 PIE ROM:[styledlist style=”yes”]
- TWRP for Galaxy A7 2017 (SM-A720F, a7y17lte) to install LineageOS 16 ROM
- Install TWRP recovery on Samsung
- ROM Download link of Galaxy A7 2017 LineageOS 16
- MindTheGApps for LineageOS 16
- How to Root LineageOS 16
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 16 FOR Galaxy A7 2017 – Android 9 Pie CUSTOM ROM:
Flashing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy A7 2017 for the first time:
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 16 Gapps and the Galaxy A7 2017 LineageOS 16 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 16 for Galaxy A7 2017.
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
- Install the Galaxy A7 2017 LineageOS 16 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
- Then install the Android Pie MindTheGapps for LineageOS 16 package.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Galaxy A7 2017 LineageOS 16 Android 9 Pie ROM.
Upgrading a new version of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy A7 2017 (SM-A720F, a7y17lte):
- Copy the latest ROM zip file of LineageOS 16 for Galaxy A7 2017, LineageOS 16 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 16 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 16 ROM for Galaxy A7 2017.
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.- Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy A7 2017, then flash the GApps.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 16 on Galaxy A7 2017, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 16 for Galaxy A7 2017.
After installing LineageOS 16 on Galaxy A7 2017 you may want to install Google Camera (GCam) or enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 16 ROOT
– Google Camera for Android Pie (this page contains a huge list of GCam for all available devices)Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy A7 2017 (SM-A720F, a7y17lte) LineageOS forum For other Android Pie, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APKFebruary 19, 2019 at 4:59 PM #73117Fatih ŞimşekParticipant
What kind of troubles u guys live with that rom? If they are many, when could be solved totally. When it will release final version?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.