- February 20, 2019 at 8:10 AM #73194sibaKeymaster
Android 8.1 Oreo based LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S3 Mini is now available to download via an unofficial build. This Android 8.1 Oreo based LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S3 Mini (golden) which is brought to you by developer 3liteking148.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S):
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to 3liteking148 and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found for 3liteking148
– Donate to LineageOS project
By the time the LineageOS 15.1 which is based on Android Oreo 8.1 for Galaxy S3 Mini has come, we already have Android Pie based LineageOS 16 to Download for many devices. you can have a look for the latest update for your device.DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL OT MAY HAVE MANY THINGS BROKEN.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING AND FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM requires a custom recovery on Galaxy S3 Mini, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S3 Mini – Android 8.1 Oreo ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR THIS LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S3 Mini ANDROID 8.1 OREO CUSTOM ROM:
- Galaxy S3 Mini TWRP Download (golden)
- ROM Download link to the LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S3 Mini
- GApps for LineageOS 15.1
su Root binary is NOT inbuilt in LineageOS 15.1, so you may need to install a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to gain ROOT access. Here is LineageOS 15.1 Root guide
If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 15.1 FOR Galaxy S3 Mini; ANDROID 8.1 OREO CUSTOM ROM:
– Fresh LineageOS 15.1 installation guide
– LineageOS 15.1 update on top of previous LineageOS 15.1 ROM
Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15.1 on Galaxy S3 Mini for the first time, or coming from another ROM:Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the GApps and Galaxy S3 Mini LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP files to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S3 Mini.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow this guide to install TWRP on Galaxy S3 Mini
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Install the Galaxy S3 Mini LineageOS 15.1 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and install the Oreo Gapps for LineageOS 15.1 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 on Galaxy S3 Mini.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 15.1 on Galaxy S3 Mini (golden):
- Copy the latest LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S3 Mini ROM ZIP file, Oreo 8.1 GApps and/or supersu ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 15.1 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 15.1 ROM for Galaxy S3 Mini.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 15.1 on Galaxy S3 Mini, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 15.1 on Galaxy S3 Mini, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT for LineageOS 15.1 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S3 Mini.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 8.1 Oreo with LineageOS 15.1 on Galaxy S3 Mini. After the installation of LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S3 Mini you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 15.1 ROOT.
? GCam APK | LineageOSAugust 11, 2019 at 1:35 PM #95093Uwe HermannParticipant
2. boots with error popup (some error with native library)
3. no wlan :-(
4. no sim card detected :-(
5. very nice ui outfit :-)
6. uninstalled because of wlan and sim errorsDecember 6, 2019 at 8:33 PM #102284janusznosekParticipant
I need your help. I’m having difficulty trying to install the arm Open_Gapps package (of any kind, old or new versions) for lineage-15.1-20181030-UNOFFICIAL-golden, Android 8.1 OS in TWRP v126.96.36.199. It appears as following: during the installation of Open_Gapps process stucks in “gathering device & rom information” section of installation and after a while the TWRP escapes from the installation mode to the main menu without giving me an information stating what went wrong, because obviously process of installation was not compleated (not successful).
Can you please send me an information what versions of TWRP and Open_Gapps are you currently using or recommend to be using during the installation process?
Yours sincerely yours,
Janusz Piotr Jan Nosek
PS I need to add that I’m also unable to install the older lineage (any of 14.1 series) versions for golden of yours.
I am getting below:
“detected file system ext4 for /dev/block/mmcblk0p…”
“ApplyParsedPerms: lsetfilecon of /system/lost+fo…
set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error executing updater binary in zip ‘/extern…
Error flashing zip ‘/external_sd/lineage-14.1.-20…
Updating partition details…”
and red Failed status in TWRP.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.