- May 16, 2016 at 2:32 PM #3748
LG G3 T-Mobile D85130D Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 OTA update has started rolling out. Here is a manual update guide for the LG G3 T-Mobile D85130D Marshmallow OTA update. The LG G3 T-Mobile D85130D OTA update is available in kdz file format which can be flashed through LGUP flash tool and there is also a zip format update which can be flashed through TWRP or any custom recovery. If you are a beginner for this then don’t just worry, I am going to provide a Step By Step guide for how to install this OTA update manually which will be just like a cake walk for you.
First you can manually check for the update by going to Settings > About Device > Software Update > Check for updates, and see if your device has received the OTA update. If not then you can follow this guide to update the OTA manually. Make sure to have a look on the DISCLAIMER below and understand the risks involved in updating the OTA manually.DISCLAIMER:
Installing the LG G3 T-Mobile D85130D OTA update manually may delete all the data on your phone. You may consider taking a backup on your Android before installing this update yourself. I don’t know if you are making any mistakes while following this guide and hence I cannot be held responsible for any disaster that may happen to your phone as part of this guide.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS TO UPDATE LG G3 T-Mobile D85130D MANUAL OTA UPDATE:
- LG USB Drivers for Windows or MAC.
- Enabled USB Debugging on the LG G3 T-Mobile D851.
– Here is how to enable USB Debugging Options on your LG G3 T-Mobile D851. This is a generic guide and should work on your LG G3 T-Mobile D851 flawlessly.
- Take backup of the Complete ROM or all the data using a synchronization application.
– Take a complete backup of the current ROM if you have installed TWRP on the LG G3 T-Mobile D851.
– Take a backup of individual data using a synchronization application.
- D85130D OTA file .zip download link | .kdz download Link.
- LGUP Download link and Stock Firmware flashing guide using LGUP.
- Enough battery backup.
Unofficial AOSP Nougat 7.0 for LG G3 T-Mobile and LG G3 T-Mobile CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) Nougat 7.0 ROM is now available. These ROMs are at very early stage, yo can try these at your own risk.
INSTALLING THE LG G3 T-Mobile D85130D .kdz OTA UPDATE USING THE LGUP FLASH TOOL:
- Download and install the LG USB drivers on your PC.
- Follow the below guide to install LGUP flash tool on your PC.
Download and Install LGUP flash tool on Windows.
- Download the D85130D .kdz OTA update file to your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on the LG G3 T-Mobile D851.
If you don’t know what am I talking of then just follow this guide which explains how to enable USB Debugging Options on your Android.
- Take a backup of all the data on your phone.
Follow this guide to Backup data on Android phone.
- Now connect your phone to the PC and follow the below guide to Install the .kdz update using LGUP Flash tool.
Flash LG Stock Firmware using LGUP flash tool.
INSTALLING THE LG G3 T-Mobile D85130D .zip OTA UPDATE USING THE TWRP RECOVERY:
- Make sure you have a TWRP recovery installed on your LG G3 T-Mobile.
- Copy the .zip D85130D OTA update file to the phone.
- Reboot into recovery by pressing specific key combinations or using adb command.
Follow these steps to enter into recovery:
– Power off the phone.
– Now, press and hold Power and Volume down button simultaneously till the LG Logo appears and then leave.
– Immediately press Power and Volume Down button again until the Hard Reset menu will be displayed.
– Finally Press Power button once and confirm the hard reset operation.
– After that the LG G3 will be in recovery mode.
- Take a full backup of the current ROM (NANDROID BACKUP) using the TWRP.
How to take NANDROID BACKUP using TWRP recovery.
- Follow the below guide to flash the OTA zip file using TWRP:
How to install the LG G3 D85130D OTA update using TWRP recovery. This is a generic TWRP ROM flashing guide and should work flawlessly for this OTA update.
Cheers!!! Just wait and relax for a while till the phone updates the OTA that you have installed manually. If you have any concerns regarding this guide or you face some problems then just login and reply to this thread to get an instant assistance and enjoy the Marshmallow update on LG G3 T-Mobile.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.